Phono Stage That's not Schiit

I purchased a Rega P3 with their EYL2 cart installed - a big step up from my previous TT. I also picked up a Schiit Mani phono stage - hoping it would suffice - but I now know it's the weak point in my set-up. This is running through a Krell S-550i and N804s. I'm ready to upgrade the phono stage and have been reading threads here, but a lot of what is recommended is at higher cost then what I spent on the P3/EYL2. I don't anticipate upgrading the TT in the near future, but  the cart - yes. I'm hoping to find a phono stage for >$1k than will bring out the best of what I have. The  Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2 is one I'm looking at. I would prefer a warmer sound since the Krell is already cool-ish for me. I could go higher than $1k, I'm just not sure my rig warrants it. any suggestions would be appreciated.

128x128steverrino
Tavish design, it’s not shiit....the pro-ject tube box ds2, a beauty of a phono preamp and also not....well you know....
I have a Parks Audio Budgie and it’s a killer tube phono preamp but Shannon decided to retire it. His new product is the Puffin, which I’ve not heard but has a strong following. Great company to work with. Don’t let the price fool you as my Budgie has embarrassed units 2X the price from one of the most respected brands out there. I’d look at the Puffin.

http://parksaudiollc.com/