What is an audiophile? Are you an audiophile?

I had been pondering this question since I have been involved in audio. Not sure what audiophile means. I went to a few fellow audio gurus get together events and although I had fun and liked the company, I felt out of place. In fact of the opinions and passion people here on Audiogon have, I do not have such strong attachments. So what is your take.... are you an audiophile? If you are, how do you know?
128x1282psyop
A person that enjoys "their" type of music or sound. They are ALWAYS close.. AND hear that perfect sound.  Not always though..
Change genre a bit and;

Tinker
Tinker
Tinker..

Not always easy going from Highland music, with bagpipes and a Pan flute, to hard core rock and roll.. or island music to chamber music.

BUT that tinker, tinker, tinker...

Master M how ya been buddy?

Tell um... :-)

Regards
I just told....And i spoke too much...

My deepest salutations to the organ pipes master mechanic...

The most important secret in audio are simply related to  how work organ pipe....

You already know that yourself...

Regards.....

frogman
6,416 posts04-29-2021 7:29amAn audiophile is someone for whom the quality of the sound of the music, not the musical content itself, is of the utmost importance. An audiophile prioritizes sound quality. A music lover prioritizes the quality of the musical content. This is not to say that one can’t prioritize both. However, ask yourself this question: if forced to give up one or the other, which would it be? There’s your answer.

My favorite answer.

I will add a 3rd type. The pseudophile. The pseudophile pursues the perception that they are prioritizing sound quality.

In my experience, there are far more pseudophiles than there are audiophiles.
My first thought was "this is complicated".

Then I read frogman6's post.

No contest, for me; I could live without my system but a life
without music is no life at all !