alternative to maggies?

help - i have & love my maggie 3 series speakers - but i have a cat problem & have read & tried to resolve it various ways. if i must search for an alternative speaker to satisfy me like my maggies & you also love the maggies what speakers costing no more should i try to listen to to satisfy the beauty of something that otherwise don't need fixing? i listen mainly to rock & jazz. i don't just want speakers which sound really good but that sound really good = lively airy spacious etc compared in the same room as maggie 3.5, 3.6 or 3.7's.
kingmacaw
I would try Rich's suggestion first, and if that doesn't work you could replace the socks with Pet Screen (no kidding!). It's easy to work with, looks almost like Apogee grill cloth, and the stuff is nearly acoustically transparent, but most of all, itÂ’s just about indestructible and is undesirable to cats. Best of luck!
I wonder if you got some plastic mesh (google on "Deer Fencing"), about 1"-square, and put it on the front side of your Maggies, PLUS got the scratching post mentioned above, whether that would do the trick. Rub some cat nip on the post. The deer fencing is black, so it may not even be noticeable. Get it at a mesh size and toughness that the cats will not like. Use plastic rather than metal - I'd guess - due tot he magnets in the Maggies? Anyhow, after a while, once the cats prefer the post, you may be able to remove it entirely.
You can cover the speakers with the original plastic bags that came with your speakers when you are not using them. Cats hate the crinkling sound of the plastic and stay away. Eventually the cats will stay away all together even when the plastic bags are removed.