Considering the Parasound A23+ amplifier

As the title suggests I am thinking about the purchase of the Parasound A23+ amplifier. Just looking for thoughts from those familiar with this amplifier regarding tonal balance, soundstaging, reliability, and  serviceability. I am using a Aric Audio Special 6SN7 based tube preamplifier with Tannoy Sterling speakers (91dB, 8ohm) and also have a pair of Esoteric MG10s stand mounts (87dB, 6ohms). Room volume is ~1500sq. ft.  Not concerned about the power of this amplifier as I believe it would serve either speaker power wise.

As some of you might know I have recently purchased a used Pass XA25 which for my tastes I have found to be generally too lean, with excessive brightness in some passages. As I also wish to purchase a tube amplifier I am hoping the A23+ might serve my SS needs while also my budget.

Alternative recommendations accepted.  

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
mesch
Stereophile gave the XA 25 a glowing review, as someone  above mentioned it could be cables, other equipment or break-in time these issues were also talked about in the review. Good luck
I am not sure that the issue I am having with my XA25 is typical to the model. I am not convinced that what I am hearing can be addressed with cables, break-in or warm-up.   I have spoken to Pass Lab personel and have determined that my unit was manufactured last June and is still under warranty.  If the issue is with my preamp I am confident Aric will help me out. 

Based on my take from reviews and this forum I believe the XA25 to be more on the lean side, more transparent, than the XA30.5 or 30.8. The 30.5 having the most bloom of the three. Known to be quite distinct from the other Pass Labs or First Watt amplifiers.

mesch

if you are finding the pass lean, i seriously doubt the parasound unit will be the fix... in my experience parasound’s sonic palette is not as smooth and silky as pass

how do you compare the pass with your old bel 1001? i would guess the pass would be richer sounding than the bel (and the parasound)

maybe the answer is to roll some older smoother 6sn7’s in the aric (dunno which make tubes you are using presently) -- maybe try some old rca grey glass or tungsol’s?
Take this opinion for what it’s worth. I’ve A/B’d the Halo Hint 6 integrated against the Rogue Pharoah and Cronus Magnum amps. The Rogue stuff embarrassed the Parasound gear.

I also purchased purchased the A21+ and P6 amp and preamp combo. The P6 pre to my ears is dull and lifeless. I was able to return the P6 back to the dealer but took a beating selling the A21+ in the aftermarket. The A21+ (as well as the A23’s) input impedance is very low at 33k unbalanced/ 66k balanced which may make finding a good matching pre difficult.

I don’t think I’ll ever buy another piece of Parasound gear again. The fit and finish is pleasing, but will pass based on sound.

YMMV