An Endless Journey.

I've been pursuing, listening, looking, toying, buying, selling 2 speakers stereo system since I was 11-12yrs old as my hobby. It's an endless journey with a lot lot enjoyments. Bottomless money-pit as well, I would said.
Then when I was 34, tired, broke and still no satisfaction, no end on the sight, I bought a Rega Planar 3, a Rotel RCD-855, a Naim Nait 1, a Rega Ela and I called it quit.
So happy I am for the next 30yrs, so much I enjoy the Music, the Instruments, the Soundstage, Clarity and whatever comes out from the system.
Now the Rega Ela lost their Tweeters. 
Should I spend $2-300 and find the Replacement  or just get rid of them?
Note: I still enjoy and love the sound of Rega Ela very much.
samadhana
Check with Madisound to see if they have suitable replacement tweeters.

I think something like this might work...

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/soft-dome-tweeters-scanspeak/scanspeak-d2008/8511-3/4-textile-...

But, best to check with them.

The original Rega tweeters were custom from Scanspeak which is not to say that Scanspeak did not eventually incorporate some of the design changes into a standard model.

DeKay

Samadhana, a lot more than $1500. Try $4000. Unless you are game for a total rebuild without any assurance of what they will sound like in the end I think you are best served with a new set. They served you well.
The Tweeter is a Scan Speak unit, the woofer I am not sure about. It is a transmission line enclosure which effectively doubles the size of the woofer. So, you are looking essentially at a two way speaker with a 12" woofer. Transmission line speakers are rare. They are difficult to design and expensive to built. The only one available now that I know of is the Sander's Model 10 which is not going to be your cup of tea. 
I think you have a lot of listening to do!
What I am trying to ask is do you think a Rega Ela from 80ish can be sounded as good as a Speaker modern days?
Technology, Material, Tooling and so on...., of course both Speakers got to be in the same Price-range ( $1500 - $1750 maybe? ).
The 5,25" Woofers still sound ok after 30some years, only the Tweeters are loosing their Highs. Any idea why?
The Voice-coil breaking, the magnet loosing strength, the suspension dry and in-flexible?
Anyway, I think I will spend $200ish and get a pair of Tweeters from Scan-speak and use them in my Studio-room.
What a warm replies and suggestions on this Forum, Thank you all.     

Little information for all Rega Ela lovers, Hiquphon has OW1-92 ($260 a pair) replacement Tweeters for the original Scanspeak D2008-851100.
I might reach deeper into my pocket and go with Hyquphon. 
+1 what @jond says.

If YOU enjoy the sound then stick with a known entity and replace the tweeters
- getting a suitable replacement speaker can be a real headache

Regards - Steve