An Endless Journey.

I've been pursuing, listening, looking, toying, buying, selling 2 speakers stereo system since I was 11-12yrs old as my hobby. It's an endless journey with a lot lot enjoyments. Bottomless money-pit as well, I would said.
Then when I was 34, tired, broke and still no satisfaction, no end on the sight, I bought a Rega Planar 3, a Rotel RCD-855, a Naim Nait 1, a Rega Ela and I called it quit.
So happy I am for the next 30yrs, so much I enjoy the Music, the Instruments, the Soundstage, Clarity and whatever comes out from the system.
Now the Rega Ela lost their Tweeters. 
Should I spend $2-300 and find the Replacement  or just get rid of them?
Note: I still enjoy and love the sound of Rega Ela very much.
samadhana
What I am trying to ask is do you think a Rega Ela from 80ish can be sounded as good as a Speaker modern days?
Technology, Material, Tooling and so on...., of course both Speakers got to be in the same Price-range ( $1500 - $1750 maybe? ).
The 5,25" Woofers still sound ok after 30some years, only the Tweeters are loosing their Highs. Any idea why?
The Voice-coil breaking, the magnet loosing strength, the suspension dry and in-flexible?
Anyway, I think I will spend $200ish and get a pair of Tweeters from Scan-speak and use them in my Studio-room.
What a warm replies and suggestions on this Forum, Thank you all.     

Little information for all Rega Ela lovers, Hiquphon has OW1-92 ($260 a pair) replacement Tweeters for the original Scanspeak D2008-851100.
I might reach deeper into my pocket and go with Hyquphon. 
+1 what @jond says.

If YOU enjoy the sound then stick with a known entity and replace the tweeters
- getting a suitable replacement speaker can be a real headache

Regards - Steve
Since the tweeters are still functioning it is possible that the problem is crossover related. The capacitors in the crossover may be drying out while the tweeters might actually be OK.
Oo uh... it is very logical, simple thought that I just did not cross my mind.  I read, assumed and get the idea from Internet, many saying that Rega Ela Tweeters are famous of being tits-up after so many years.
My knowledge Electrical in general is not good, left alone about Crossover. Now what?