Your top 3 most EMOTIONALLY intense live concerts, and top 3 EMOTIONALLY intense records.

PICK THE FIRST THAT COME TO MIND.

Live:
Bob Dylan - Rolling Thunder
Against Me! - 2008
White Stripes - (warming up for Garbage in 2002).

Recordings:
Graham Parker - Stick to Me
Patti Smith - Easter (Kate Bush came to mind too).
Guns N Roses - Use Your Illusion I&2
plaw

Can't leave out:

- "Lies" by The Knickerbockers. Amazing! At least as good as early Beatles (maybe better).

- "Shakin' All Over" by The Guess Who (pre-Burton Cummings). The version by The Who (complete with hoary vocals by Roger Daltrey), um, sucks.

- "Waterloo Sunset" by The Kinks. Which reminds me that I should have included them in my live band list above, seen and heard at The Fillmore/Winterland (who remembers?) in 1970. So, so great. And SO loud (louder than The Who), the sound of Ray's telecaster unbearably bright and piercing. Like a metal-dome tweeter ;-) .
Live
Led Zeppelin Fort Worth Texas 1973
Texas Jam 1978 Cotton Bowl 
ZZ Top Fort Worth Texas 1976

Recording 
Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets
Tom Petty - Damn The Torpedoes 
Henry Gross - Plug Me Into Something
Led Zeppelin - I
Stones - Exile On Mail Street
All Beatles
ZZ Top - Rio Grande Mud
@bdp24 
I lived in the Bay Area about the same time you did. My first concert was the Beach Boys at the Cow Palace "63, I think. I was at the Kinks concert, it was Winterland.

@ericsch: I’m gonna guess your name is Eric. Cool name ;-)

Hey, do you remember when towards the end of The Kinks' set, Ray said to the audience: "Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like you to give a warm round of applause for Mr. Van Dyke Parks", pointing to the back wall of Winterland. As audience members turned and looked back, Ray ambled over to Mick Avory’s drum riser, laughing to himself. Good one, Ray!