Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
I happen to agree with the guy who designed these CW4's as to what is important. He does not use that fancy stuff to develop gear for a major speaker maker known as Klipsch.  We will have to agree to disagree on the validity of dropping gobs of cash on amps and cords.

@jbhiller

I don’t think music is authored on inexpensive amps and gear. In fact, the studios I’ve been to all had hundreds of thousands of dollars of gear. Not a cheap amp to be found.
Certainly live venues might be using Crown and inexpensive amps for playback.

you are absolutely correct in my experience

people conflate equipment used in recording and mastering (absolutely excellent gear) with gear used in conventional playback (heavy duty industrial stuff like crown amps giant p-a horns etc etc) in mass audience venues

an example is in 2006 i bought an audio research v70 tube amp, with high grade foil capacitors and rca/mullard old stock tubes handwound output transformers etc etc - this was the amp that for years powered the recording/playback monitors in david chesky’s nyc (formerly rca radio city) recording studio from when he launched the grammy winning boutique label... all those lovely recordings on lp and cd we bought by sara k, paquito d-rivera, ana caram, and remasterings of phil woods clark terry badi assad etc etc... this amp was used to for mixing and final voicing!!!... it is lovely amp, utterly pure and grainless, full of air and timbral accuracy - if anything it is too accurate, midrange sounds maybe just a touch lean for my tastes - but i still have that amp as a keepsake
i would be very appreciative if a reader here can describe to me their opinion of the stereophonic imaging/depth qualities of the latest cornwall IV speakers, how they compare to something like a thiel tower, for example.