New Stereo Times review on CODA CSiB Integrated Amplifier

My fellow Stereo Times staff reviewer, Richard Willie, has written a superlative review on the Coda CSiB Integrated that has just been posted on the website. Richard does a great job of describing the new "house" sound of this generation of Coda gear, an excellent analysis of the world class build quality of Coda gear, and a very interesting comparison of the Coda CSib to the Pass Labs XA-30.8. A fun read!

amorstereo
@amorstereo -- Thanks, Teajay! This is the first time someone has explained the difference between Pass Labs and Coda in a way that I can understand. Getting CODA separates is probably outside of what I can afford in the short term, but I remain interested in the CSiB. I currently have two systems in the house. The main one is composed of Harbeth SHL5+ driven by Luxman 590 AXII, and the second one has Harbeth M30.1 driven by Raven Audio Blackhawk. My plan was to replace the Blackhawk with the Luxman, and buy a Pass Labs INT-60 for the main system. But you have me thinking about CODA once again now. I actually bought the CODA from a fellow a'goner but unfortunately had to return it due to unforeseen circumstances.

Now, from what I understand, there were some changes that took place somewhere around 2019 that made the CSiB even better. If I were to buy used, is there a way to find out if the CSiB has the latest improvements? Also, I'm not sure if PL XA-25 will have enough juice to drive the SHL5+, and I want to build my system around these speakers. Another route I can take is to buy the CODA amp and drive it with the Luxman initially, and then eventually buy the CODA preamp once I can afford it. Lots of choices, but you really have me considering the CODA brand seriously once again.

Thank you for the detailed and on point feedback.
The 07x is awesomely good, I think I like it better than my No.8 for what it brings to the sound.
Talked also to Doug, the combo 07x+No.8 is still a notch above the CSiB (you get what you pay for). I have absolutely no doubt that the new CSiB is a killer integrated, but if you can afford the 07x and the No.8 or the No.16 than go for it!
Fellow CODA owner here, bought from Al at HiFi Art in Canada, great guy to deal with btw, had the No 8 and sold it to buy a CSiB so I could have a good enough preamp to get an "all CODA" sound signature.

My next step for my main system after my divorce and the money is sorted will be to get the full CODA stack of 07 pre and No 16 amp - the CSiB will go to my second system.

The No 8 was the best amp BY FAR I have owned, driving B&W 804 D3s with panache and bombast equipoised - prior amps were a Bryston 4B3, a pair of Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks and a NAD Masters M22 V2. Pres are a Modwright LS 36.5 and Denafrips Athena, which replaced a Kinki Studios EX-P7. 

Demoed a Pass INT 250.8 and loved it, but could not afford it, looking forward to the CSiB, let me know if you want my thoughts on it prior to purchasing.
I agree with your plan completely. The only reason I don't own a No. 16 amp is because I can't lift it. Oh, and I don't have an amp stand big enough but that's easily solved.

Happy listening.