Looking for my Final Pair!!

Been through the high end maelstrom for over 30 years and although I have enjoyed the ride, I desperately want to find speakers that exude dynamics, tone and presence.  I want to be transported to the Village Vanguard where The John Coltrane Quartet are performing any night I desire.  I want to feel the timbre of his sax 🎷. When I close my eyes I want to be enveloped by the atmosphere of the space and awash with the impact and emotion being expressed by the musicians.  I don’t want to hear what the engineers hear after they mix a recording...I want to be in the studio when the tracks are being laid down!  So far, Tannoy Heritage Arden have come to my attention, Klipsch Cornwall IV’s, JBL S4700’s or perhaps Spatial Audio X3’s?  Help
128x128dave_b
Things are settling in nicely...starting to gel and become cohesively expressive.  Soundstaging is starting to expand and images are fleshing out more.  It’s interesting and quite enjoyable to hear better acoustic placement/intelligibility of instruments and voices without them being unnaturally etched or hyper focused!  Everything seems to exist in a more proper relationship to each other which makes the listening experience more authentic and less Hi fi’ish, if you catch my drift?  Smooth but detailed highs are also involving without loosing vibrancy.  Overall I think I chose wisely in stepping off the High End treadmill 👌🏻
I snagged one of the first pair of Focal Sopra No2's in black that hit the shores in the U.S.  It took a while for them to settle down, once they did, I'd say they are my "final" pair.  I'm amazed that, when I bought them they retailed for $14k a pair and now they are retailing for about $5k/pair more!
Dear @dave_b  : I disturb you again because rigth now I can't understand why tou posted that you  always tested all your speakers with subs running in full range and running through a high-pass filter and that you prefer speakers in full range way. Posted twice.

atmasphere posted:  ""  The use of a sub is good, but in order to really take advantage of that, you'd have to make sure no bass is getting into the Cornwalls. That's probably best done with an electronic crossover  >"""

and with other words and examples I posted more than 4 times the same.

Again after so many posts by me you confirm that through your tests on those both options you like full range speakers mode.

My last post about said:

"  That means that the independent high-pass filter and low-pass filter comes in the S2 and it's the way you tested? "

Your answer was direct when you answered me:

"  Correct...."

I contacted directly to REL and ask in specific about the S2 high-pass filter and here the answer:

"" 

Rob Hunt (REL Acoustics)

Apr 9, 2021, 8:42 AM PDT

Hi there again
We feed a REL full range signal but there are no hi pass filters..."""

and you have not an external Xover with high-pass filter.

So you can't test it ever with any of your speakers what atmasphere and I asked/posted and even that you said: you did it and do it with the CW?

A high-pass filter is need it to fix the main speaker frequency that normally it's not exatly the same frequency than the subs Wover and many other issues that tells us why it need for  main speakers: a dedicated high-pass Xover.

All those information could means that what you posted is totally false or you have a" something " to do it in the S2.

Is it in true false what you posted? or what is that " something " that works as high-pass filter?

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.