Recommendations for a modestly-priced audio system?

Gents,
My friend asked me to put together an audio system for her to replace her very old system.    She wants an integrated amp that will take an input from her TT.  God knows the condition of her cartridge and stylus!  There are boatloads of integrated amps with BT-streaming capabilities, which, when she comes to her senses, with get a Spotify/Tidal subscription and forget about her 40-year old collection of ragged vinyl.  Maybe not.  The amp needs to be BT-compatible... no extra components.  

Hopefully, the system will be simple:  an integrated amp and a pair of passive speakers.  The budget is about $1K but I could twist her arm a bit to get to $1.5K.  Recommendations for either the integrated amp and speakers would be very much appreciated, relying on the wealth of knowledge that you fellas have.  I will say that she has a pretty large LV room, sort of an "open room" arrangement, and will need speakers to sufficiently pressurize her large room.

Thanks for any and all input.      
whitestix
Naim Mu-so V2 All-in-One System..Bam

+1 PS Audio Sprout100

The no longer made Peachtree Audio decco125Sky (find one used) does it all and has bluetooth.. Got one for a kid and it's very good for what it is

Spread the love, do a Parts Express DIY speaker build and tell THEM what you're doing. I expect you can get everything you need with good interconnect NEW for under 1500.00 MAYBE even 1000.00.

It's fun, and you can build and prime a pair of GREAT MTM or something close with true audiophile results.  With a little hybrid valve unit and a phono stage built in or separate, NEW and PEs full blown tech support. BT, WiFi, remote all that stuff. Easy peasy..

I built a wonderful system all used except the tube preamp (79.00) and the power amp for under 750.00.

Infinity RS4b and Sony ES silver spinner.. KILLER little system I used a PE 2.1 50X100 watt class d amp.. Solid as a rock for 3 years now..79.00

A 250.00 valve phono pre is out there NEW.. DJ use them all the time and there are a few to chose from. SS too.. Either or...

IF Vinyl is her thing make sure the VINYL thing is taken care of WELL. :-)

Fruit for thought OP
The PS Audio Sprout/Elac option looks perfect and you're supporting a stand-up business.
Well, I knew you fellas would come up with some excellent suggestions and you have.  I am leaning towards the Cambridge AXA-85 receiver and the Tekton M-Lore speakers.  She will have the ability to connect her TT to the amp, but clearly her TT needs some upgrading or getting tossed into recycling.  Once she gets nice system and starts streaming music, I think she will abandon the notion of playing her old vinyl.  Thanks again for the suggestions and any further ones are welcome as well.   
Marantz has a nice two channel integrated. For Bluetooth go with an iFi zen blue $129 and will stream hi res audio. Speakers like for sales HBO has some good bookshelf’s right now