Cables ... no longer opinion

PS Audio has already did the research. The answers are available forevermore.
The testing is sound, and not flawed. Their test results find exactly the same results my cable manufacturer found and preached. Josh from Downsize Audio Cables also found two strips of foils, stacked on top of each other and secured together made the best sounding speaker cables. I've tried all kinds of hyper expensive cables to dethrone the Downsize Audio foils ... NOTHING comes close at any price.
      Downsize used a genuine teflon backed adhesive tape, double sided too, and custom rolled, extra thin foil of 6N purity. BUT he told me a person can get 90% of the same sound quality, using off the shelf inductor foils and standard thin packing tape. Try it and save tens of thousands of dollars.
https://www.psaudio.com/copper/article/the-sound-of-speaker-cables-an-analysis/
flaxxer
My lord .... I just did a Google search on foil speaker cables. At one time, only Magnan made them while Downsize did. Now there are a slew of foil cables, including DIY websites. 
Word MUST have got out. I read a few articles and reviews .... almost all of the foil cables which are stacked tightly together, positive and negative runs that is, get rave reviews. Claims are more coherence, and clarity. With astonishing Dynamics, and almost perfect highs. This is the general sound advantages of foil cables. Beware though, all of them seem to use a heavy protective outer jacket. I remember Josh saying he ended up getting his tape made special, to keep it thinner than a human hair. This was one of the things that made downside cables better than the competitors. Josh believes in almost zero insulation, and came up with Brilliant Solutions for this build technique. He also used one of two connectors only. Zplug type hollow bananas, and Wireworld silver spades. He prefers Hollow bananas for everything. Claiming their low mass blows away WBT, Eichmann, and other low mass offerings in the industry. When I finally went with all downsize cables oh, I got rid of my nordost Valhalla cables throughout my whole system. I made a ton of money selling those used!
Ed Shilling of Hornshoppe Horns used copper foil ribbon speaker cables that he made for himself. Back when I had his speaker, I noticed them on a photo on his site and asked about them. He said they were better than any cable he tried and were cheap and easy to make. I never did take him up on his offer and maybe should have. That was about 25 years ago. (maybe even 30)

All the best,
Nonoise
Foils have been used by others as well such as goertz and audio magic and mapleshade and i agree they can sound amazing in the right system but i have also noticed that in some systems they can sound off putting they only seem to function with the best gear around them.
...welcome, my friends, to the debate that never ends.....
...we're so glad you subscribed, step inside, step in( and take a )side....

"Cable Wars, take 2,041...*clack* "sound of popcorn*