Ready, set, comment! Speaker cables don’t make a difference?

Audioholics will be doing another video on this at 4pm (I assume Eastern), today. Rather than comment on it after the fact, some here might want to jump into the live comments thread? Anyway, in case that’s you, here’s the link:https://youtu.be/kR12Ttuxobs

Old chestnuts never die, they just return in the Eternal Cycle of Re-roasting....
128x128hilde45
@akg_ca I was certainly not starting yet another debate about cables. If you look at my original post you will see that I was alerting members that there was a video about cables on another channel about to happen. I presented that information in case anyone wanted to debate people on a different site. Many people here have a good arguments and good experience with cables and it is possible that they might inform people who might be misinformed by Gene. So if you think that is trolling then I really don’t think you understand why I posted what I did. Perhaps you think that what Gene does is trolling? If that is what you meant then I misunderstood what you said — and my apologies.
If you want to know why they sound different maybe delve into the science. Read the blog or listen to the long video. It's not as amusing as arguing though:-)
https://www.iconoclastcable.com
This guy "Gene" from "Audioholics" according to his web page is an audio salesman who charges $100USD/hour for his services so it it clear, apparent, and obvious that he is just trying to sell stuff and at a very high price for his services so maybe that is why he promotes cheap components because it keeps the customers costs down because he has to add in his fee.
In the 70’s I bought Acoustic Research speaker cables to go with my AR-3a’s: 50’ of zip cord x2 with spades as I recall.
Used them for 25+ years, even with my Khorn upgrade, until my brother mailed me a pair of Monster Cables he didn’t need.
To honor his gift I installed them.
Years of skepticism about speaker cables making a sonic difference vanished.
The sound quality improvement was obvious, consistent, .....REAL.
I’ve since upgraded from Monster Cable but will never forget the difference I heard that day.