Looking for my Final Pair!!

Been through the high end maelstrom for over 30 years and although I have enjoyed the ride, I desperately want to find speakers that exude dynamics, tone and presence.  I want to be transported to the Village Vanguard where The John Coltrane Quartet are performing any night I desire.  I want to feel the timbre of his sax 🎷. When I close my eyes I want to be enveloped by the atmosphere of the space and awash with the impact and emotion being expressed by the musicians.  I don’t want to hear what the engineers hear after they mix a recording...I want to be in the studio when the tracks are being laid down!  So far, Tannoy Heritage Arden have come to my attention, Klipsch Cornwall IV’s, JBL S4700’s or perhaps Spatial Audio X3’s?  Help
128x128dave_b
We were speaking primarily to a live acoustic concert...Symphony!  But for amplified concerts there is still a strong dynamic crispness or aliveness that we all can identify instantly!  I speak to that energy and vitality in music...this is what often gets lost or intentionally tamped down in some designs.
I found the comments he made about inductor saturation interesting. I wonder if he's right about that.
Dear @roxy54  : ""  What the heck are you talking about? ""

The IMD and THD Cornwall developed distortions mainly belongs to that woofer that crossover 700hz what means that even intrudes at around 800hz.
Those IMD/THD distortions are incremented in any passive speaker where the woofer crossover is to high as in that speaker because at the same time that the woofer is handling extremely critical frequencies that goes between the 100hz-800hz where performs several instruments including voice that woofer has high excursion to reproduce frequencies as low as 30hz those high movements in the woofer always interfere with the other frequency es range adding high InterModulationDistortions and at the same the TotalHarmonicDistortions goes higher.

That several audiophiles like the Cornwall  says that they like those high distortion levels, that's all.

Please read again or read it for first time the link in my last  post to  Dave that explains very easy why in a passive speakers we need subs and the Cornwall really " cry " for subs, its woofer crossover is really high.

Even if you like it you can't change those facts and that's what I'm talking about.

R.
Ironically I just had a previous set of speakers that also crossed over in the 800 or 850 range...JBL 4429’s!  I miss them... they sounded fantastic actually.  Just want that kind of sound in a nicer cabinet without stands.  Of course 15”’s...come on, gotta try that man!
That several audiophiles like the Cornwall says that they like those high distortion levels, that's all.

I've had speakers from Von Schweikert, Magnepan, Piega, Wilson Audio, Montana, Reference 3a, just to name a (VERY) few. All have been special in their own way. So I guess I just woke up one morning and decided I crave the type of high distortion levels that only a Cornwall can produce.

Do you see the folly of your statement?