Looking for my Final Pair!!

Been through the high end maelstrom for over 30 years and although I have enjoyed the ride, I desperately want to find speakers that exude dynamics, tone and presence.  I want to be transported to the Village Vanguard where The John Coltrane Quartet are performing any night I desire.  I want to feel the timbre of his sax 🎷. When I close my eyes I want to be enveloped by the atmosphere of the space and awash with the impact and emotion being expressed by the musicians.  I don’t want to hear what the engineers hear after they mix a recording...I want to be in the studio when the tracks are being laid down!  So far, Tannoy Heritage Arden have come to my attention, Klipsch Cornwall IV’s, JBL S4700’s or perhaps Spatial Audio X3’s?  Help
128x128dave_b
Did I mention my system needs to kick arse...like “When the Levee Breaks” at 110db kinda arse!
Dear @dave_b : "" Listen to a live concert, any concert, with your eyes closed. You cannot pick out the exact placement of any instrument. ""

I respect your statement by disagree totally with. Not now by the pandemic but normally I attended each single week at least one time to live event to enjoy live MUSIC and normally I choosed a seat at around the center of the hall and not far away from the scenario from the orchestra and with open eyes or closed eyes I can tell you always where the instruments/source are.
If you can’t do it that’s only unique for you and nto for every one, at least not to me.

""" What you can hear, is the venue, the presence and the dynamics of the instruments, along with their respective tone colors as heard in that particular space. Hi Fi is mostly a joke! """

I almost agree with these statements, yes what we listen in a live MUSIC event is the presence/power/transients and fast harmonics developed and dynamics. obviously with those characteristics comes the natural " color " MUSIC has and yes HI FI is a with out doubt a joke a big joke against live MUSIC.

But that " joke " is not because Hi Fi per sé but because one main critical difference between live MUSIC and what we listen at our room/system and that difference is that in live MUSIC even between the MUSIC source and you exist almost only AIR and nothing else and in Hi Fi exist 100+ signal degradation steps before the sound be reproduced through the speakers.

But that reality does not means we don’t have to take some kind of care how to improve what we are listened trhough that room/syste:

"" We need to stop supporting the overpriced analytical instruments of disappointment. Music should be fun and enjoyable, emotional and deeply moving...it should not be analyzed. """

I agree that MUSIC shouild be and always is emotional and deeply moving and if we take care over our system we can help to that " emotional and deeply moving " MUSIC main characteristics at our place.

If we are true MUSIC lovers we can enjoy it in almost any room/system that’s the intrinsical " power " of MUSIC.

You want to change your speakers and any of the speaker advises by other gentlemans could works to enjoy MUSIC but exist some characteristics that could impedes that those speakers you buy will be your last pair, a good example are those touted here Cornwalls that no matters what has a weak characteristic in its design that promotes high IMD and THD distortion levels and that weak characteristic is that the woofer crossover 700hz.
Even if you like it when you have testing in your home your 802D3 are better if you do what was my advise in what I posted.

All is up to you and your understanding in that critical issue. Live MUSIC almost has not distortions and between other things what makes the Hi Fi a true joke are all those developed distortions added from the recording process and followed by the whole play process in our room/system.

I think that as any thing exist different enjoyment levels and in my case I want it the top one.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/do-you-think-you-need-a-subwoofer/post?postid=310058#310058

The issue is not how the Cornwall performs ( I like the immediacy of horns sound reproduction but as any speaker drivvers not perfect. Latest horn speakers I listened were the Avantgarde Duo and Acapella and in the past the Klipshorn.  ) or like it but the added Cornwall heavy distortions that develops ( other issue is that that woofer goes down only at 34hz that means that can performs in good condition at no lower than 40hz, not enough for MUSIC reproduction. ). Yes, you can live with or with the distortions developed for other speakers because as a fact all speakers develops distortion levels.

Common sense is truly important for music lovers/audiophiles.

R.

@rauliruegas I’ve frequented many venues, such as the BSO(Gold Standard) and PSO, but the exact placement of instruments and to the larger extent, 3D soundstaging is an artifact of your mind.  It doesn’t exist!  If you have a visual to go along with the music, then your brain will make the connection.  Now if you are sitting extremely close to a smal ensemble, then yes...placement is discernable.  I love soundstaging myself, but it shouldn’t be  laser etched to the degree that it predominantly attracts attention away from the tone, dynamics and atmosphere.
Cornwall IV’s are on their way...60 days to play!  Digging out the hundreds of Non Audiophile approved titles now 😉