Soft, smooth organic SS integrated amps?

Aside from the Sugden A21 series, what other more "budget" solid state amps (under $2K new or used) in your experience with at least 25 wpc manufactured within 20 years offer a really smooth, organic sound? I don't want to go the tubes route again. I'm thinking Heed, Arcam (at least the older, pre class G era)? What else in your experience?
greg7
Sansui integrated are so good i bought 2.... I never even really used the second one who is in measured numbers better... But things are not always like numbers says to our ears... Anyway the 2 a very good for a price very low....

I recommend my more flexible, irrepleacable, Sansui AU 7700 ( 100 bucks used).... It is like an analog tubes amplifier clothed in S.S. 😊 The other one is in the more officially praised ALPHA series of Sansui.... I keep the 2 in case .... Too many characteristics in the 7700 to be listed in one paragraph.... For example the very good pre amp section is SEPARABLE from the power amp section....The tech said to me that the pre-amp section is better than in some Mc Intosh, i have no reason to not trust his experience...

Only that says something....I used it for the last 6 years .... Recaps by a very good tech at peanuts price....

I cannot thanks my luck enough.....But i read thousand of pages in audio before buying it, we made our luck in a way....The sellers of this rare mythical beast officilly 55 watts delivering more around 80 watts measured by the surprized tech. and was sold by someone almost next street to my home...😎

The sound of my low price audio system is the best i ever listen to, including many more costly one, trashing my 7 headphones i never use anymore, but it is not mainly the Sansui the cause, i dont usually boast about my gear, even if i am in love with the 3 main pieces, the reason why i dont insist on gear piece or upgrade, it is ACOUSTIC, it is acoustic control which is the QUEEN of audiophile experience never a piece of gear by itself ,so good it is, but it is an another story in another thread....

My best to you....

By the way i must add that the reason Sansui S.S. sound was so good is because Sansui tried for 20 years to emulate their famous best tube amplifier and after more than 20 years they succeed, in an official contest comparison where the 2 were indistinguishable soundwise....This anecdote and an easy to found  very good review about it here on audiogon  push all my hesitations aside and i look for one seriously....
Master M your not kidding .. they are great units.. 

I like Accuphase too.  Just silky smooth and great quality.

I've always been a Mac guy, BUT 2K isn't gonna get much MAC or Accuphase, action...

2K could get you a lot of Sansui though, and a spare or two.. I love the look, too.. 

Regards
Tim deParavincini made some integrated amps sold under the Alchemist brand name. I had one up until about a year ago. Too bad, coulda had a great deal. Very nice, just what you want- if you can find one!  

Tim had a talent for that, getting warm tube sound from SS. Like McCormack, only a bit warmer. I would search those two guys, find out what they made, work back on what you want that way.