Soft, smooth organic SS integrated amps?

Aside from the Sugden A21 series, what other more "budget" solid state amps (under $2K new or used) in your experience with at least 25 wpc manufactured within 20 years offer a really smooth, organic sound? I don't want to go the tubes route again. I'm thinking Heed, Arcam (at least the older, pre class G era)? What else in your experience?
greg7
Master M your not kidding .. they are great units.. 

I like Accuphase too.  Just silky smooth and great quality.

I've always been a Mac guy, BUT 2K isn't gonna get much MAC or Accuphase, action...

2K could get you a lot of Sansui though, and a spare or two.. I love the look, too.. 

Regards
Tim deParavincini made some integrated amps sold under the Alchemist brand name. I had one up until about a year ago. Too bad, coulda had a great deal. Very nice, just what you want- if you can find one!  

Tim had a talent for that, getting warm tube sound from SS. Like McCormack, only a bit warmer. I would search those two guys, find out what they made, work back on what you want that way.
B&K stereo 202, Harman Kardon cititation 12, Technics setx100, Tandberg power amp, Denon pma2000r, Adcom gfa 545series 2, Soundcraftsmen a5002, and others like them are all good choices the key is that you need an amazing preamplifier to drive all of them or you will never know how good any of them really are.
Post removed