Best skiinny floorstanders

After 10 years with a pair of Martin Logan Ethos speakers, I'm considering moving back to boxes, box speakers that is.   I'd like to avoid big obtrusive box speakers and am considering some skinny ones in the $8-12k range like the:
Devore Fidelity Super Nines
Boenicke w11s
and...
.... other suggestions

The room - is around 18 by 30, parts with a low ceiling, carpeted, and the wall behind the speakers is books. Serves as gym in the early am when my wife pulls out the rowing machine and turns the tunes up loud, play room for the grandkids in the afternoon and listening room for me in the evenings.

Currently running all tubes but I'm open to changing that up too.
Taste in music - eclectic.

Thanks in advance!
cdc2
Bauer speakers?
I'm in the US. and not seeing any U.S. distribution. Too bad they look nice.
Golden Ear Triton Reference speakers. Only 8 inches wide at the front, 12 inches in the rear.  Best under $10K speakers out there. 
Not sure if it’s possible but while I love the sound of the Martin Logan’s, sense of being there, they lack punch some box speakers seem to have, and my biggest complaint is that while they sound great if your head is in the perfect spot, move your head up or down a foot or move two feet to the side and the sound collapses. Sit on the floor, stand up or move to the side on the couch and the quality of sound goes down dramatically.

Sure I know, I know with most speakers there is a window where they sound best, but even my old Hales Transcendence 1s, still sound good whether I’m sitting on the couch, lying on the floor or walking around v.s. the Martin Logan’s only sound great from one very small spot in the room.

I’m looking for speakers, which do a good job in the midrange but also with cymbals and kick drums, string bass, have the you are there wow factor and have a large sweet spot AND decent WAF e.g. skinny.

cdc2,

The Joseph Perspective speakers fit your criteria perfectly.

They are very skinny and take up very little space, but cast an enormous soundstage with Big Speaker imaging. They completely disappear, and their excellent polar response and steep crossover means they are particularly good at maintaining the same tonality and "disappearing" act over a wide sweet spot. If you see lots of show reports they often mention "and it didn’t seem to matter where I was in the room, the Joseph’s seemed to soundstage and sound great even off-axis."

They are very punchy and powerful too, for kick drums, bass etc.And they use SEAS drivers similar to the Hales Transcendence line (I have owned Hales T5s and still own Hales T1 and TCenter speakers), and there is a similar sound to the Hales - very grain free and pure, only moreso on the Josephs, but with more presence and texture.

If you like that immersive experience, I would look seriously as Sansonic.  The MB5 B is going to be thin with great bass response.  The MB6 B will be taller and you may find it visually less appealing.  Both will be in your price range.  

Another interesting option is the Audiovector R3s.  Read Andrew Quint's review in the Absolute Sound.  They are tremendous and relatively easy to drive, as are the Scansonics.  

Full disclosure, I am a Scansonic Raidho dealer and I continue to flirt with Audiovector.  They are both awesome lines.