Someone please talk me out of this

I use KEF Reference 1s supplemented by a pair of Velodyne HGS-15s controlled by a SMS-1 bass manager that provides acoustic room correction. I think the sound is superb even with large orchestrations since I raised the crossover of the subs from 40 to 80 Hz. BUT I think I’ve found a pair of KEF Reference 207/2s for $7200, and I’m very tempted. The preamp is an Ayre KX-5/20, amp VX-5/20, sources Roon via QX-5/20 and discs via DX-5 DSD. I previously used KEF 107/2s that I loved. but I suspect the combination of Ref. 1s and HGS-15s is superior.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
Wow those 207s are very tempting!  I'm a huge KEF fan and just sold a pair of Reference 5's.  Still a bit teary eyed.  But I have a pair of Tekton Double Impacts to replace so life's not all bad...

But yes, buy them and try them side by side.  Sell whichever one you love less.  Both of those speakers have great resell so what's your risk really?
if money was meant to hold on to it would have handles

Enjoy the Music
Tom

PS second tomic601
 I just bought some new speakers, wasn't even looking, went there to buy a gift for my daughter...... of course got to talking about speakers ,   I was offered a generous trade in , one thing led to another and bam new speakers. 

Probably should have put that money away but I look at it like this;  lots of people spend $3000 on trips or other luxury items.   Sure that last trip was a great time and good memories but I like to spend on tangible things.  Every night when I press "Play"  I am reminded that money was well spent.   
Nah.... never get into the way of a 'phile and the objects of his/her desire.  
Blame may follow shortly...
I second the Rel idea. I have a singe T9i with an *old* pair of Kef reference 103.3 (missing the cube that died a while back). Nice and clean, forward but smooth mids, decent mid bass. I know that can find upgrades speakers in my mid-fi/mid-budget system.