MOBILE FIDELITY ONE STEP VINYL

Just saw Music Direct is taking pre-orders over the phone for the next One Step releases:
Monk's Dream and 
Mingus Ah Um !!! 
I got mine ordered (and they don't charge you till it ships)
Anyone else interested in ordering these? 
tbromgard
It depends. You have to know what you are looking for. Yes, even the pressings from 70’s and 80’s.  Even reissue US pressings can sound thin as well.  

Many from this period were not pressed on virgin vinyl so they can have some surface noise but they still can sound very good.
Thanks, I'm about to purchase a few from Japan and I don't have a real comparison point for many
@millercarbon  Nope, the gear makes all the difference! If you think one can judge records by listening to a Crosley all in one, then yes, you would be right! After all, the Crosley is a turntable and has speakers...;0)
You can use your ears and apply your listening skills all you like, the Crosley is the Crosley.......
@daveyf -
in an ideal world it would be great to get the best vinyl of the lot that sounds ideal in your specific system to you, but this option is not very feasible.

So yes, Better Records is using their audio chain and using their own criteria to choose vinyl. Isn’t that what audio reviewers do anyhow? All that we can rely on is assuming they have developed sufficient expertise at least thru volume vinyl reviewing and also thru customer reviews/feedback. I believe they couldn’t stay in business unless offering a significant uptick in sound quality enough to justify the premium pricing.

Like most things audiophile, you have to pay $$ for upticks in performance
These hot stampers are way overpriced records for people who do not want to take the time to do some research or do not have the time for that matter. Knowing the mastering engineer, the pressing plant, being a first press vs reissue all have a lot to do with what you get. Better Records just does the research, finds clean copies on ebay or discogs and jack the price double or triple what they paid. They may have had to buy 4 or five records to find one good one so that is what you are paying for. Convenience. many of those records could be purchased for 10 bucks or less with a little pressing knowledge, you can find HOT STAMPERS too lmao.