MOBILE FIDELITY ONE STEP VINYL

Just saw Music Direct is taking pre-orders over the phone for the next One Step releases:
Monk's Dream and 
Mingus Ah Um !!! 
I got mine ordered (and they don't charge you till it ships)
Anyone else interested in ordering these? 
tbromgard
"I stopped buying Better Records hot stampers reissues once I heard how much better The Electric recording sound. They’re expensive but worth it."

Yeah, they are....expensive. But if one has a system up to the task, what the hell...we only go around once. I’d try one if I were in that league.

Sadly, I’m limited to multiple copies from the bins. Even then, occasionally it means 3-5 copies of....junk. Those copies I place out on the curb for someone else to enjoy, or if they have a decent system, realize they’re..meh.

I have been really happy with my system for the past couple years and have invested a lot more into my collection.  Lately this has included 3 of the UD1S records, Mingus Ah Um, Texas Flood and Monk's Dream.  I did not own any copies of these so that made it easier to justify the initial cost.  I have been very impressed with their sound and how quiet the noise floor is on the super vinyl.  What I wish MoFi would do is simply do more of the Gain2 45rpm treatments like they have done for the 5 Dire Straits albums.  Those are all wonderful and with their sale, getting those for $45 each is awesome.  I don't need the big box, foam and extra stuff. 

I
 just pre-ordered the first IMPEX 1STEP release of Patricia Barber Cafe Blue.  Again, don't have this album and recently got her Nightclub album that is wonderful.  I prefer new, clean and quiet over vintage.  

I read through most of this thread and went on better-records site.  It seems very hard to believe and I may actually have a few hot stampers naturally in my collection.  I have Tug of War that sounds fantastic and they said most other copies are 'just plain awful'.  

The value of these special/numbered releases is appealing and makes one feel good.  The reality is that most of us will never sell them, it just beefs up our collection value on discogs.  This is my hobby and my passion.  I have been out on dates for a mediocre dinner that cost $150. I walked away disappointed and a bit frustrated.  At the end of the day, $125 for a record that makes me smile every time I drop the needle for the remainder of my life is worth every penny!  Looking at them on my display shelf is pretty cool too : )
Better Records Is providing a service - reviewing many records and choosing the best of the lot.  The time spent plus having to dispose of the rest of the vinyl one would expect a substantial higher price to cover these costs plus time and effort.  

For some, the uptick in sonics is worth the price, others maybe not so much.  But it’s better to have options than not.
Better Records are reviewing records and picking the best sounding...but here’s a couple of ??’s...The records that they pick are best sounding to them based on their criteria, does that mean it will be the best based on the consumer’s criteria? Do we know what gear they are using to do the determination? Does that gear allow them to truly hear what is the best sounding pressing?
I think what is most important is knowing the pressing plant, the engineer, 1st press etc.  It makes big difference.  But I tend to agree with the fact that many reissues and even Japanese pressings may not sound very good.  Unless you know what you are looking for, many japanese pressings can sound very thin, almost anemic.  Many reissues are remastered and sound completely different than they did on the first pressing probably mainly because of tape deterioration or no useable master tape.