Phono Stage, How much do I need to spend, New or used.

Hello all, I need some opinions on Phono stages. I currently have a VPI scoutmaster with a vessel MM R3SM cartridge and a Schiit  Mani phono stage. This set up just does not fill the room like my digital does, anyone have any opinions on what I need to do to make this happen. How much do I need to spend on a phone stage, new or used.
128x128fusionout
That Mani really is your bottleneck. I have a friend with a Well Tempered Amadeus and Denon DL-103 who was using one. He replaced it with a Pro-Ject Phono Box RS (1000.00) and he says the difference was astounding. I would recommend my K&K Audio Maxxed Out phono stage (~2500.00) but I believe it is no longer in production. I have owned this one for over 20 years and it has been updated a few times. It's one piece that will probably outlive me.

So yes, a new phono stage will be a huge improvement over what you have.

Oz

OP I thought I new it all as a kid (still do to some degree). I had this Mac MX110z. I'm going to tell you it had a really good phono section (so I thought). I had Heavy platter RCA with a Grace tonearm and cart.. It weighed 125 pounds and was a 3 piece work of handcrafted art from a local Masonic lodge makeover in the late 60s.

It had an separate phono section. That section was plugged into a Marantz Valve setup. My first experience with Marantz.. No one could afford MARANTZ.  Fisher, HS Scott, Mac, Heath, Dynco, etc..

Well that phono section was a Marantz/Ear (Masonic lodge) special..
All valves, point to point. with straight wire turret boards. It reminded me of HK Citation layout.. Just very well laid out..

I got the TT, 3 Grace tonearms, the phono section and at least 100 valve
for just moving it as as a kid. It was out, and the new was in... Good when the whole family is affiliated in some way or another..

Point being if I wouldn't have gone overseas, and new I was coming back. I would have NEVER sold that phono section.. EVER. I kept the Mac...  LOL fate..

A well matched cart and phono section.. Not just any cart and any phono section... Some pres are easy to change. CARTS aren't.. There is only so much leeway on a cart..

Enjoy 
I think that you could buy a phono stage in the 1000-1500 dollar range that would bring out that vinyl magic the schiit is the limiting factor lol.
I was in the same spot 5 years ago.  I made the plunge to a Manley Chinook.  It lifted my analog to great heights. I'm not pushing that product, but trying to give you confidence to take the leap (if you can afford an upgrade).