Sonus Faber speakers

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Has anyone owned the Sonetto v and the Olympica iii and can offer their opinion on 
weather the latter is a worthwhile upgrade ? 
sheridan50
@shwridsn50 

I own the Olympica iii. Never had the Sonetto’s however I LOVE my Olympicas. Very natural sound sounding speaker. I owned the liutos  before that and it was a night and day difference for me. The Olympicas do need some power to really bring out the speakers potential so just keep that in mind. 
I heard the Sonettos a few weeks ago. Matter of fact I listened to them first,  the Olympica Nova 3 and then Cremonese at 55k. I mean you have to listen to the big boys right lol. Anyway,  I looked at the salesman after listening to all 3 and said the Sonettas sound "anemic" in comparison to the O3 and Cremonese.  While they are nice at $5k, they are no where near as attractive performance wise to the Olympica Nova.  It was very obvious the Nova was in another league. 

You brought up a good point. The amplification was midfi and better quality would really bring out the differences between the models. 

I ended up purchasing the Olympica iii at a much cheaper price than the Nova 3 because there isn't THAT much difference.  Yes the Olympica 3 needs some current to sound their best but they sound wonderful with my Audio Research ref110.  George does bring up a good point. They dip down briefly to 2 ohms so good amplification is needed to bring out their best.  
Olympicas will scale with better equipment. I heard the Sonettos a few months ago. Not bad for HT or mix usage. But when the dealer played the Olympica Nova ii with higher end ARC amplification there was no contest. The Olympicas are more refined and much better at reproducing the sound of natural organs and instruments like piano, violin, horns, and guitars. I ended up buying the Olympica II but will most likely go up the line next year. 
By the way, the Olympicas love class A amplification.