What is a good base for speakers

Fussing with setting up a new system in basement. My vintage ADS L710's sit on original stands that don't have fittings for spikes. As the stands sit on a carpeted floor, they rock a lot (no pun intended). I'm thinking of some sort of base to settle them down. Looking for suggestions of a material appropriate for stability  - any experience with wood butcher block, granite or slate cutting boards as a base? More DIY than expensive. Thanks for any suggestions. 
mcondo
I use Deer Creek Audio steel speaker stands like these:
https://deercreekaudio.com/t/steel-speaker-stands

The focus, stability and exactness of images is top notch, despite the fact the speakers rest on felt pads affixed to areas of the steel base.

All the best,
Nonoise
On a concrete carpeted basement, springs (like Nobsound) would work better than spike, rubber (or silicone) cone/feet, granite, concrete slab, ...?
Nobsound springs (4 of them) support up to 40lbs, but I guess it is pretty limited. Most full range speakers will weigh more than 40 lbs.
I’ve never tried springs. I thought spikes work best. I might try springs on my subwoofer. It rattles too much on high volume.

[EDIT] I see that it supports up to 66 lbs (or 30 kgs). The would cover most mid size speakers. 
Nonoise - those stands from DeerCreek are almost exactly what I purchased with my ADS L710’s over 40 years ago! Prices have really got crazy for simple steel stands. Still debating my approach to some stability for the 710’s.

Bryhifi - do you worry about warping with the bamboo cutting boards?