Help my analog sound as good as my streaming

Hi all - total newcomer here, really enjoying the forum and looking for some advice.

Relevant details: Pro-ject Debut Carbon EVO w/ stock Sumiko Rainer cartridge, into a Hegel H95 via a Parasound Zphono XRM. It sounds great-ish, but doesn’t blow me away like Qobuz via Bluesound Node 2i into the Hegel DAC. I’ll acknowledge that this entire system has a lot of room to improve in the eyes of many here - while I suppose I’ll eventually want to upgrade, I am absolutely thrilled with the streaming sound for now. 
Question: is the cartridge the weak link here, or am I expecting too much out of the PDC EVO? If the former, does the Ortofon Bronze seem a good option?

Many thanks for any suggestions/thoughts!
coys21
Analog will never be as accurate as streaming high resolution digital to a fine system (vs streaming to Sonos speakers). This says nothing about sound quality. The analysis of such depends more on the individual than the system or program source.
@arize84,

An excellent post, so much to agree with.

"The ratio of funds needed to be spent on analog to match digital quality is significant (at least 2x or more).

Disregard any talk about vinyl being better than digital, there are simply too many variables in the reproduction chain for that statement to merit any credibility.

a) Generally listen to music in whatever format it was recorded

b) Get your records from boutique audiophile labels / pressing plants.

c) Most vinyl records pressed today are mediocre.

d) My experience is that the best sounding records are the ones that were recorded and pressed in the 1980s right before CDs took over.

e) Discog reviews are your friend
f) Above all, mastering is key; try to familiarize yourself with the names of the best mastering engineers and studios. A well mastered dollar bin CD will run circles around a minty vinyl record with mediocre mastering.

Records are cool, but they are a lot of work to get right, and unless you are ready to obsess over a bunch of details, and patiently work through a raft of frustrations, you might be better off simply investing in your digital front end and enjoying the piece of mind that comes with that."

This last bit certainly holds true for me regarding vinyl.
"...because when everything comes together it is a sublime experience.."

I recently got hold of a clean copy of Judy Garland’s 1981 Phoenix pressing of Over the Rainbow. Now I just need access to a decent record player to enjoy it again!

If only these lockdowns will finally end...
I think your goal is flawed. I would set a goal of a good vinyl system that allows you to expand access to recording that may be pleasing, no matter the source. Don't expect to be blown away by vinyl, expect to be blown away by certain recording on vinyl that for you are enjoyable.

I think this is a very good point.  
“I would set a goal of a good vinyl system that allows you to expand access to recording that may be pleasing, no matter the source. Don’t expect to be blown away by vinyl, expect to be blown away by certain recording on vinyl that for you are enjoyable.”

So it’s coming down certain recordings to enjoy Vinyl? Well, this holds true for many recordings available on CD or Streaming. In any recorded format, the mastering is the key cause when it’s done right, it results in a sublime experience once you’ve taken care of the basics i.e. your listening environment and playback system.
For a given analog set up, there are three VERY CRITICAL  points for consideration.  First is setup, Second is setup.  Third is setup.