Which speakers, if any, combine the strengths of Harbeth and ProAc ?

Any ideas ?
inna
@inna
" It is a common wisdom that Harbeth need SS and ProAc are better, generally speaking, with tubes." Says Who?

Harbeths are designed to present an ‘easy’ electrical load to the amplifier and will work well with valve (tube), solid-state and digital amplifiers. Playing loudly in a large acoustically dry, well-furnished room will demand a powerful amp. Conversely in a smaller setting listening closer to the speakers, much less power will be needed.

I'm running my SHL 5 Plus with a 55 watt per channel tubed integrated. My friend was running his 40.2s with a 48 wpc tubed integrated. Both setups work just fine.
I didn't know they had any. Harbeths are seriously over priced. Is that a strength?

inna
 OP
6,097 posts

ATC is interesting. Active or passive ? Which models ?
ATC would need a lot of SS power, unless already powered, correct ?
I currently own 2 ATC models, the passive stand mount SCM19 and big(ish) SCM100 active towers.
The 19's require a decent amount of power, 120 -150W, and quality SS would be best IMO to exploit their superior dynamics and bass tautness. The 19's replaced my Harbeth M30.1's.
Ultimately, active is the way to go with ATC and I love my SCM100aslt's - but if you already own a suitable amp the passives are still great.
Which model depends on how much you're prepared to spend and what your room will accomodate. 
Definitely worth a listen to see if the ATC sound appeals.