Which speakers did you find bright, fatiguing or just disappointing in some way?

OK, controversial subject but it needs asked. I'm curious for your experiences, mainly in your home, not a dealer and esp. not a show demo
greg7
I'm struck that this thread exploded in all the tedious controversy & name-calling so many threads do. WTF?

It's a pretty straightforward topic by OP. Here's my answer:

-- in the mid-'80s when Infinity was coming on like gangbusters, I bought one of their cheaper floorstanders w/planar tweeter & a 10" polypropylene woofer. Not only was this thing brighter than hell, but that woofer audibly "bounced" like a medicine ball hitting a trampoline. Awful speakers

-- and a couple years ago, in the dying twilight of my attempts to use powered monitors for music. I got a pair of Yamaha HS7 powered monitors modded by ZenPro. I burned them in faithfully, then put them in the desktop system where they sounded like ass immediately & forever. I didn't last 2 days--yanked 'em out & put back in whatever I had previously.

No amount of money paid is worth sonic suffering after...
ProAc are wonderful. Their true ribbon tweeter is sublime. Harbeths are easy to listen to but can be a bit boring, but certainly listenable. BTW the ML and a few others use the Heil AMT ( Air Motion Transformer) I’ve always found it a bit bright. Raidho are nice. Magico but very revealing and need the right everything to get them to sing. 
I found JM LAB Focal Stella Utopia upfront and bright. Head ached after 20 minutes every time.  Couldn’t be the amp Pass
Labs XA 100.8. 
Worst combo I've had--

Cerwin Vegas with Crown Amps--so bad totally unlistenable .

Almost as bad but never would buy.

Latest B+W 800 series-- like razors in the ears.

Von Schweikerts-- just dull.

Magicos- sounds like designed by and for a computer-hear them with Halcro Amps and rush for Root Canal for relief

Any ESL-yes sadly been there many times-bit of heaven and hell
they all fail at some time--got sick of saying a Prayer every time I turned them on. The great pity as they can perform superbly --when running

Caveat Emptor

T