The guru on fuses:

For two years, I have asked why and how fuses could possibly matter. All I got was arguments of faith, pro or con. I needed a real audio guru who actually knows. Here is a link from John Curl’s discussion on Parasound’s website. He engineered and designed some some great equipment, including some Mark Levinson gear, The Grateful Dead’s 30 plus McIntosh amp powered Wall of Sound, and his admittedly, somewhat price compromised Parasound designs. He discusses the electrical properties of standard fuses, showing how they are compromised. The entire article is quite enlightening, but to skip to the fuse section, go to the bottom half of page 6. https://www.parasound.com/pdfs/JCinterview.pdf

128x128danvignau
I can tell you that vintage fuses are an incredible upgrade because of the high quality of their construction.
Fuses do NOT affect audio performance. They are a safety device.

When will the audiophools stop fooling themselves and realize the exaggerated placebo effect ?

Fuse is a very very small resistor on the supply line, whose value is almost no different from the rest of the copper supply wire it is in series with.

Now please repeat after me, while slowly and repeatedly banging your head against a corner wall:

God grant me the serenity to accept that a fuse does not ever affect the audio performance of an amplifier, the courage to admit to that and the education to understand what a fuse really does, together with the wisdom to know the difference.

Repeat this about 10,000 times and maybe there will be some hope for you.

Fuse is a very very small resistor on the supply line, whose value is almost no different from the rest of the copper supply wire it is in series with.

Now please repeat after me, while slowly and repeatedly banging your head against a corner wall:
They can’t while their heads are in the
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/scaled/2013/12/18/article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.jpg
or up
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/pVpTlPhDI-JmTveZ_oeiW4LzfvebMP5EeBXpu_-8d7CK-QcJkhZfPUDJjfp1...

Cheers George

speakermaster
105 posts
02-08-2021 9:07pm
I can tell you that vintage fuses are an incredible upgrade because of the high quality of their construction.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

I would love to hear a pair of the "Speakermaster", speakers..
I just got a feeling...

You Mr cakyol, for a tech guy you sure are THICK. Cables, fuses, what's next, speakers and amps.. The Parts Express, amp kits are good enough along with their speaker kits.. RIGHT?
Quality is in the eyes of the beholder.
So is Sound Quality..

There is stereo, and there is HiFi listening to stereo.. There is always BETTER... NO it does not mean 150.00 fuses or 10k cables, BUT it does take an unbiased ear.. I think that part is broken on every flat earther here.. Fusers, vs Flat earthers (the prove it to me crowd).

The reality of it is, only one side will enjoy the change, no matter the reason.. I'm glad I'm a mechanic and DID try a LOT of new things..
Cables and fuses being two of them..

I bid you adieu