The guru on fuses:

For two years, I have asked why and how fuses could possibly matter. All I got was arguments of faith, pro or con. I needed a real audio guru who actually knows. Here is a link from John Curl’s discussion on Parasound’s website. He engineered and designed some some great equipment, including some Mark Levinson gear, The Grateful Dead’s 30 plus McIntosh amp powered Wall of Sound, and his admittedly, somewhat price compromised Parasound designs. He discusses the electrical properties of standard fuses, showing how they are compromised. The entire article is quite enlightening, but to skip to the fuse section, go to the bottom half of page 6. https://www.parasound.com/pdfs/JCinterview.pdf

128x128danvignau
The old both sides do it doesn't cut it on an audio site where discussions on what improves the sound is what it's all about. 

Now if you were to direct your anger at the trolls who frequent all the audio sites because they like to "own" them, then you'd have a point.

Many reviewers have stopped taking comments on their sites, even on youtube, because of the vile nature of the trolls. If you've been an audiophile long enough, you'd know that this was not the case. In fact, it was considered an aberration. Petty, acrimonious and juvenile behavior has become the norm and it's not going to stop.

All the best,
Nonoise
georgehifi8,426 posts02-06-2021 3:14pm
Anyways, time to feed the chickens..
Yeah give’em a fuse also , "maybe" then they’ll **** out directional eggs also!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's it... George!! I'll put up with a lot of stuff. But talkin' BS about my chickens egg laying, you've crossed the line.. Green eggs and Ham.

You ever laid an egg? There is a direction..  Look at the EGG!!!
Serious, eggs are directional..

Kinda like the chicken hawk that landed on the hen house. It forgot about my Banty Rooster. By By Chicken Hawk, chop chop , comes to mind..

It came in one direction, it sure didn't leave the same way.. Like a fuse.. No direction? AC is always doing the Cha Cha Cha towards the sources then its ground. 

When I use fancy fuses, they CAN, (not that they do every time), CHANGE the sound. YES it takes time for that goo to settle back around the fuse end caps.. There is a reason WHY the sound changes, and also a reason to leave the fuse alone after it's installed..

Take that silly fuse apart, there is a non magnetic, tapered thermal filament in it.. NOT just the same size from end to end. I've looked at the slow blow and the spring winding is wound tighter on one end than the other. They use S-conductors, ??? yes better than copper is? SILVER. They have used tungsten, nickel, rhodium, lead, tin, aluminum, mylar. YOU name it they have used it.. NOW think.. what would be the better conductor from a tech, or a silly old mechanic, point of view... Why would a better, tiny little wire make a difference.. BECAUSE it is just that... A tiny little wire... I try to make darn sure it's a GREAT ONE... Simple me....Just a common fella!!!  

Now try to lay that egg sideways.. George.. :-) Kidney stones comes to mind...

Now the important part...

I want to know what effect magnets have on the FUSE.. The most IMPORTANT, yet neglected part of a piece of equipment?

I'm gonna build a gadget..

Regards
Fuses will indeed change the sound as without them you simply have none. So the lesson here is use fuses and don't be a fuse refuser...some of my fuses cost more than a dollar and hey...they're worth it!
A bit of placebic Devil's Advocate (only):  If it takes "100 hours to settle in". does that really mean it took you 100 hours to convince yourself you did not waste your money? 
This is the second time I have mentioned fuses as a potential topic.  Thanks everyone for confirming my faith in the suggestibility of the human mind.  BTW, The Skeptic has a video about the evolutionary advantages of fooling ourselves.  Catch it if you can.  Also, their article, "Audiophoolery" is a classic.  Google it.  You don't have to agree with all of it, but if it truly offends you, please seek help.