The guru on fuses:

For two years, I have asked why and how fuses could possibly matter. All I got was arguments of faith, pro or con. I needed a real audio guru who actually knows. Here is a link from John Curl’s discussion on Parasound’s website. He engineered and designed some some great equipment, including some Mark Levinson gear, The Grateful Dead’s 30 plus McIntosh amp powered Wall of Sound, and his admittedly, somewhat price compromised Parasound designs. He discusses the electrical properties of standard fuses, showing how they are compromised. The entire article is quite enlightening, but to skip to the fuse section, go to the bottom half of page 6. https://www.parasound.com/pdfs/JCinterview.pdf

128x128danvignau
Fuses will indeed change the sound as without them you simply have none. So the lesson here is use fuses and don't be a fuse refuser...some of my fuses cost more than a dollar and hey...they're worth it!
A bit of placebic Devil's Advocate (only):  If it takes "100 hours to settle in". does that really mean it took you 100 hours to convince yourself you did not waste your money? 
This is the second time I have mentioned fuses as a potential topic.  Thanks everyone for confirming my faith in the suggestibility of the human mind.  BTW, The Skeptic has a video about the evolutionary advantages of fooling ourselves.  Catch it if you can.  Also, their article, "Audiophoolery" is a classic.  Google it.  You don't have to agree with all of it, but if it truly offends you, please seek help. 
I no longer use fuses. The devices I use by nature are directional so I place them by signal flow in the circuit. Much better image stabilty much quieter, more apparent output at the same gain setting, greater transparency at any volume. Sounds real. Tom

theaudiotweak Please explain what you mean by "devices"  (Electronics?), and "...place them by signal flow".  Next to the signal flow?