Audiophile Fuses: Helpful or "Snake Oil"?

Interested in both general and specific opinions/experiences/explanations etc...
williampowell
williampowell, First, you will want to make a list. Put every single one of the posers, er I mean posters above on it. As time goes by and you notice every single thing they post is as useless as what they just did here you will understand why. The greatest use to be made of this site is to know who to ignore. With this list you are off to a great start!

I don’t know about fuses in general. There are way too many out there for me to have tried them all. In fact the only ones I have tried are Synergistic Research Blue and Orange.

Blue are impressively more dynamic and detailed, with a bigger, deeper sound stage, improvements across the board more in line with what you would expect from a $500 power cord than a $150 fuse.

Orange are even better, though instead of the big improvement being dynamics and clarity with Orange it is more sophisticated refinement. Just a whole lot more subtle detail comes through, but in a much more natural way. The vast majority of times something gets more detailed it also gets a bit of an edge. Orange is not like that at all.

Both are directional, and it is easy to hear they sound much better one way vs the other. There will be no doubt, you will hear it.

If you listen. Which is the real reason for the jokey blather above. Lotta audiophiles can’t be bothered to simply go and listen.
Listen to people who post from experience.

Theories can be wrong (see last 12 months).
Snake oil! is the audio equivalent of fake news!
Said by those who don't want to face the issue that it's true.

We got rid of one and it'd be nice to get rid of the other.

All the best,
Nonoise