Wyred4Sound Modified Sonos

All
Looking for some real world feedback from those that have had their Sonos modified by Wyred4Sound?  Any info you can provide would prove useful.  Also, if anyone has one they're looking to sell, I may be interested.
Thx
Jim
shoboat90
I actually purchased the sonos connect modified already by Wyred for Sound.  I don't believe they give the option to buy the connect modified all in one unit any longer as the Connect is not available for purchase.  
I purchased it three years ago and it sounded excellent.  The only drawback is it doesn't play high resolution format only cd format.  However I can't say for sure high resolution is really any better sounding, maybe a little but depends on the recording.
I've since upgraded to a metrum ambre streamer to go along with my metrum onyx dac and the difference between the modified connect and ambre is minor.  The sound is a little smoother and a little more analog like with the ambre and the ambre can play all resolutions but it's close.  The modified connect sounded very good from its coaxial connection.  The ambre has a custom i2s connection which is a better digital connection and intended to connect to Metrum dacs so that is why I purchased the ambre.  
My modified connect is 16/44 output.  I didn't want the connect upsampling as that can be done via computer software of the dac and I believe the upsampler in the modified sonos would probably be inferior to other upsampling options. I prefer not to upsample and just play music in its native format.

Anyway I may be interested in selling my connect, let me know how it goes.  
I have had a w4s Sonos (clocked @96) for years. It was worth it then. But I mean now you can get a Bluesound for $600. So that might be a better way to go. But if you are committed to the Sonos ecosystem then I think its a good option. w4s mods the new Sonos player (Port) as well but now your looking at around $1K right? Trouble with the Sono Connect and Port is the splitting the network thing if you get any of the newer stuff. And at some point the music service is going to make a change and the old connect is going to NOT work. I have Roon and it just sees the Connect as an endpoint so for $100 or so I can pick up an old Connect online and have a roon endpoint for el cheapo and dont have to worry about it becoming a brick cause Sonos had to update app to comply with the service like Qobuz Tidal etc.
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I had a Bluesound Node2i for a while but after hours and hours of comparing both (level matched) there was no discernible difference between the Sonos Connect and Node2i...so I saw no point in dropping the $550 for the Node 2i and then having to use the BlueOS in addition to Sonos.  You make a good point in that the Connects will eventually go obsolete.  @jbuhl, if you think the w4s Sonos is comparable to the Node 2i, then I guess I need to start looking elsewhere.
Thank you
Just want to offer my two cents. I have the Modded Sonos and also have an Innuos Zenith MK2. The Sonos probably gives you 75% of what the Innuos does. Where the Zenith separates itself is in the air/space around instruments, as well as the ability to deal with complex music in a better way. If there's a lot going on, the Sonos can get a little compressed sounding in comparison. Now all that said, I have found that adding a better PC makes a difference, as does a better dig coax. The Sonos still has easily one of the best interfaces around for usability, so that is something to consider too.