New Anthem AVM 70 and MRX 740 difference in processing

I've had my eye on the new Anthem line-up recently. But I'm torn between the AVM70 processor only vs the MRX740 receiver.  

The receiver offers pre outs for all the channels I'd need.  So I wouldn't really use the amps in the receiver. 

BUT, MRX 's resell is going to be much better because it's all-in-one - fewer demand for the AVM, and the AVM is $1000 more.

So, are the internals of the AVM really all that much better? And how much difference would you really notice on multichannel movie playback?

Thoughts on this?
dtximages
@mahler123 I don't have a "poor" opinion of my speakers, it's just that they're inwall or placed in the rear corners behind my head rendering many audiophilly (my word don't use it) terms and qualities useless.  

@soix the amp is to offer more clean power to get the dynamics and volume needed from my other speakers to match the Khorn.  

I just read on some other forums that I consider a little less trustworthy than here about people not telling a difference between a decent receiver vs a decent processor if they're using the pre outs on the receiver.  

@soix the amp is to offer more clean power to get the dynamics and volume needed from my other speakers to match the Khorn.  
Klipsch tend to be extremely efficient speakers and typically don’t need much power at all.  IMO and especially for HT you probably wasted your $ on a separate amp as most any decent AVR has plenty of power for those speakers.  Like I said before, just sell your amp and buy a Yamaha RX-A2080 (or even a 1080 would be fine for your speakers and save you even more $) from accessories4less — I’m sure you’ll be thrilled and have $1000+ more cash in your pocket.  The Yammy has plenty of clean power for your Klipsch, and since preamps apparently don’t matter spending more on the MRX740 would be a stupid waste of money in your case.  Just trying to help here, and best of luck. 

I said my front speakers are Khorns, the in-ceiling/rear are Episode and Klipsch RP600m (surround) which are MUCH less efficient than the front two.  Those are the ones I said I wanted the multichannel amp for.  

While it's very hard to a/b test any of this, I do feel the external amp offers a bit more dynamics and maybe separation but I'm not entirely convinced it's that great of a difference.  It certainly makes cranking the heights/rears much easier to match the big Khorn.

But one reason I'm looking at the Anthem is because I love most all of their products and use their STR preamp in my 2ch setup.  I love the ARC and also love the web interface option on the new units.  

I've found annoying quirks with every receiver I've owned (many Marantz's, Onkyo, and now a Marantz AV 7005 processor). 
When I purchased the Anthem MRX720 I chose that instead of the AVM 60 solely because I wanted a Zone 2 for my backyard speakers and I already had a Parasound 5 channel amp. I did want the better AVM60 but it did not offer that option.

If I were you, I would try the 740 on its own, then if you want a bit more, hook up your external amp. I love my surround system with the 720/parasound amp. I am also looking to add an integrated amp to this system but hopefully can find one that is one or possibly two ticks better than the Anthem str preamp. Not easy, but still looking. 

But as for surround sound, I love it as is. 

Forgot to mention I added an Anthem str amp for the L and R speakers.
I have not had the chance to sit down and audition the Anthem AVM 60 or 70 versus one of their MRX receivers.  I think in your situation you would probably be fine with the receiver. I'm a big fan of 2-ch music though so personally, I would want to go with the superior DAC's in the AVM and use my Aragon amps for the power.