New Anthem AVM 70 and MRX 740 difference in processing

I've had my eye on the new Anthem line-up recently. But I'm torn between the AVM70 processor only vs the MRX740 receiver.  

The receiver offers pre outs for all the channels I'd need.  So I wouldn't really use the amps in the receiver. 

BUT, MRX 's resell is going to be much better because it's all-in-one - fewer demand for the AVM, and the AVM is $1000 more.

So, are the internals of the AVM really all that much better? And how much difference would you really notice on multichannel movie playback?

Thoughts on this?
dtximages

Showing 2 responses by t-mac

I have not had the chance to sit down and audition the Anthem AVM 60 or 70 versus one of their MRX receivers.  I think in your situation you would probably be fine with the receiver. I'm a big fan of 2-ch music though so personally, I would want to go with the superior DAC's in the AVM and use my Aragon amps for the power.
I've researched the Anthem products and from what I've read, the Pre-Pro has a better power supply and much better DAC's than the receivers.
I'm sure you could tell a difference, especially in 2-ch listening.  
But since you have a dedicated 2-ch system, I would probably just go with the receiver and be done with it.