New Anthem AVM 70 and MRX 740 difference in processing

I've had my eye on the new Anthem line-up recently. But I'm torn between the AVM70 processor only vs the MRX740 receiver.  

The receiver offers pre outs for all the channels I'd need.  So I wouldn't really use the amps in the receiver. 

BUT, MRX 's resell is going to be much better because it's all-in-one - fewer demand for the AVM, and the AVM is $1000 more.

So, are the internals of the AVM really all that much better? And how much difference would you really notice on multichannel movie playback?

Thoughts on this?
dtximages
Yes I have multichannel amps for all channels.  I know I know, you always hear the processors use better parts and I get that.  But, on movies/surround, how much does that really matter?   This isn't two channel listening and most of the speakers are either crap, in wall, or behind your head.  

Also, some manufacturers (I believe) use the same internals in their receivers as they do their processors.  I don't know but I would bet that many processors are just the company's receiver without the amps. Hope I'm wrong about that but just a suspicion.  
The new anthem lineup looks really exciting and I've been thinking about the avm70 as well. I think your question is basically the same one I have regarding using separates or integrated. I'm not sure what the answer is. I am.planning on waiting to see what bugs come out and how they review. The release date keeps getting pushed back on all the anthem new lineup products.  Keep in mind there does not seem to be immediate 2.1 hdmi support if that matters to you. 
@mahler123 yep, I'm sure they use some "better" parts, but what makes something "better"?  Just because it's more expensive doesn't make it better. 

Again though, so maybe they use top shelf parts etc etc.  Seems like a lot to play a soundtrack that is already far over bloated, eq'd, and digitized to begin with - through my tv's HDMI.  Like, why so high-end for my little Klipsch surround speakers stuck in weird corners behind my head?  You would never spend an extra $1000 on a preamp for your nice in-wall 2ch system. 

Anyway, still trying to figure out if the AVM is really any better than just the MRX. 

Seems like a lot to play a soundtrack that is already far over bloated, eq'd, and digitized to begin with - through my tv's HDMI. Like, why so high-end for my little Klipsch surround speakers stuck in weird corners behind my head? You would never spend an extra $1000 on a preamp for your nice in-wall 2ch system.
Really begs the question why you’d buy a separate multichannel amp?  Why would you spend that much on amp channels where “most of the speakers are either crap, in wall, or behind your head”? Seems like an AVR is really all you ever needed so not sure why you wasted all that money on a separate amp.  And yeah, an AVP is a probably a waste of $ in your situation as you’re apparently not looking for a really high-end HT system.  In fact, you’d probably be better off selling your amp and just buying a Yamaha RX-A2080 that’s great and you can get for $1500 at accessories4less.com.  

I know I know, you always hear the processors use better parts and I get that. But, on movies/surround, how much does that really matter?
If you’re asking that question you really don’t need a prepro. 

Why do I need the amp?  Because I want to send clean power to my other speakers to help them keep up with the Klipschorn mains.  

As for your last statement, after some reading, it appears most people cannot tell a difference in the processing quality between the older MRX720 and AVM60.  There are a few more features on the AVM but just sheer processing power, I'm not sure you could tell.  I want to be wrong though.

Food for thought.. I'll bet I could go into an HT enthusiasts theater and swap out his $5000 whatever processor for a Marantz receiver with similar outputs and he'd never know the difference.  Just a bet.