Neil Young calls out Tidal

TIDAL is calling their files of my songs Masters. But TIDAL’s MQA files are not my masters. I make my masters - not TIDAL. I made my masters the way I wanted them to sound. If TIDAL referred to their titles as TIDAL MASTERS, I would have no problem, but they don’t. They call them Masters. I had my music removed from that platform. They are not my masters.”.

https://www.realhd-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/210118_NYA.jpg

128x128fuzztone
We are aware that MQA, or "master quality", is a brand name, not a description --- right?:)
It's misleading to say Tidal is charging a premium for Masters or MQA. The premium service is for lossless (non-compressed) streaming, which includes MQA when it's available. I've been paying for the premium service since before MQA was available because MP3s are not audiophile quality files. MQA, when it came around, was a bonus. 
Hello,
I might get rid of Tidal after my subscription runs out in a year. It’s too expensive to pay full price. My DAC reads out the resolution of the track. Half are in CD Redbook. If they don’t offer an extension I will go to Qobuz. I also have Amazon HD. With prime it’s not much more. I can have CD through Amazon plus a huge collection and Qobuz for HiRez. Mr Young is a very serious musician and is proud of his accomplishments. I have seen him around the vineyard. He is really an every day guy.