Neil Young calls out Tidal

TIDAL is calling their files of my songs Masters. But TIDAL’s MQA files are not my masters. I make my masters - not TIDAL. I made my masters the way I wanted them to sound. If TIDAL referred to their titles as TIDAL MASTERS, I would have no problem, but they don’t. They call them Masters. I had my music removed from that platform. They are not my masters.”.

https://www.realhd-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/210118_NYA.jpg

128x128fuzztone
When his (Neil Young's) Pono venture went dark a lot us got orphaned. It was not at all handled well. Poof.

I'm in the US and on Qobuz there are dozens of his Albums..American Stars 'N Bars through to Zuma 
Thankfully, I have a lot of Neil Young on CD and hence in my music server.  These squabbles are irritating though so hopefully they can work through it.  I use Tidal without MQA and get along fine.
We are aware that MQA, or "master quality", is a brand name, not a description --- right?:)
It's misleading to say Tidal is charging a premium for Masters or MQA. The premium service is for lossless (non-compressed) streaming, which includes MQA when it's available. I've been paying for the premium service since before MQA was available because MP3s are not audiophile quality files. MQA, when it came around, was a bonus.