Neil Young calls out Tidal

TIDAL is calling their files of my songs Masters. But TIDAL’s MQA files are not my masters. I make my masters - not TIDAL. I made my masters the way I wanted them to sound. If TIDAL referred to their titles as TIDAL MASTERS, I would have no problem, but they don’t. They call them Masters. I had my music removed from that platform. They are not my masters.”.

https://www.realhd-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/210118_NYA.jpg

128x128fuzztone
Lol, pandora sounds just fine to me, and it’s free. I am not paying to stream, no way. When I stream it is absolutely not for critical listening, it Is for when I’m lazy and for low volume background music. Using a topping bc3 bluetooth module connected to my v90 dac, sounds great to me. Total investment...$369.
I just checked and "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" and "Harvest" are the only Neil Young albums I see on Qobuz.   Hopefully he will get more of his work to that platform.  Meanwhile I'm going to kick back and listen to the NY albums that I have access to.  Thanks everyone for the reminder!

Mark
I just checked and "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" and "Harvest" are the only Neil Young albums I see on Qobuz.
@ebanksms, I just looked now and I see dozens of Neil Young albums on Qobuz. I'm in the US.
If a person wants to stream Neil Young's music in full fidelity the way he wants it heard, buy a subscription to his Archives web site.  I only paid $20/year, and it's a proverbial rabbit hole full of rabbit holes.  Highly recommended.