What is the Silliest Accessory You Have Ever Seen.

I was flipping through the accessory pages at the Cable Company and came up with this https://www.thecableco.com/hallograph.html You have to be kidding me. Of all the dumb, idiotic, profoundly stupid things I have ever seen. The marketing is even better! Have you seen anything worse! It is up to us to uncover these things for what they are, SCAMS.

Mike
128x128mijostyn
No photos for now.... I just finish the first approximative design...Wait some time please.... 😊

i use 2 set of three pipes vented at the base yes, i try to use golden proportion between the 3 pipes, one is the lenght sum of the other 2, not wool no....It work, improvement on all count in my room....

I am pretty sure that a refinement in more exact proportion and adjustement of the pipes will even improve my results....

But i take few minutes to make one of them then... and the result were amazing...

ROOM acoustic is the KEY to audio, not costly electronic design "per se"....Add the mechanical embeddings controls and the electrical grid controls and the door is open to audiophile experience with any relatively good system even low cost one....

I will send you a picture in the week to come... but it is a 2 set of bricks with 3 pipes in each 3 hole... rather easy to figure....

Thanks very much for your interest....

I see that in my minds eye..plus the copper has a nice acoustic flavor. Or even 80% copper 20% tin bronze which I have been searching for,  to use in another acoustic project.Tom
Yes it is only a primitive Helmholtz phenomena resonator.... the key with the open pipes is the lenght relative to one another...
the Helmholtz resonators sets is the ancester of room correction....

My "organ" is more economical than the original "room lens" for me... i dont pretend it is better tough i have no idea....

By the way i already use 3 bigger tubular "plastic" pipes, 8 feet, 5 feet, 3 feet, with 3 inches and 5 inches diameter with success...My first version of the "roomlens"... These 3 tubes are closed at the aperture and a straw is used with a determined lenght and diameter....I have done this 46 hours ago....

On the other end my organ pipes are vented at the basis not glued to wood like the big tubes, and the top aperture is open...

i already created some Helmholtz bottles before that in my room, you have given to me the idea about tubes when answering people mocking "roomlens" with a your post... Thanks to you...

All my devices today act complementarily and my audio room is sonically very good now...

But i need more experiments with tubes and pipes....Fun for months to come .... Price: peanuts.....

I am very proud by the way to be in " the most silliest tweaks" thread and be mocked by some passive consumers and gullible "upgraders" of electronic costly design...

They ignore the elememtary fact that an electronic piece of gear CANNOT work optimally in giving an optimal S. Q.  in a bad uncontrolled mechanical dimensions, in a bad and noisy electrical house grid and in a bad acoustical room like they almost are....
Lewm, There is a right frequency response, perfectly flat from each individual speaker within it's operating range. Once you have that you can alter things to suite your taste. I run my subwoofers a little forward and tilt the treble down 3 dB at 20 kHz for some recordings. I also use a 4 kHz notch filter for harsh recording. 
You should stop being a stick in the mud, spend a couple of $100 and get yourself a calibrated microphone and computer program. It is a lot of fun and a great learning experience. But, if you are happy where you are nobody can argue. Yes, this is certainly a hobby, the mechanical part of it. Listening to music is a necessity.  
If you wear slippers while at the same time, smoke a pipe, I've heard it can make everything sound better. I'm going to try this tweak.