We spend too much time talking about tweeters

I do it too. I'm guilty.

Just saying.  85% of the sound out of a speaker if not 95% is not in the tweeter, but the marketing people have us talking more about them than anything else.
erik_squires
I’m with @audiokinesis on this one. Listen to a small jazz combo from up close (well ... wait until after the apocalypse). Pay attention to the cymbals and then go back to your hi-fi system.

99% of the tweeters out there (many of them in "aspirational" speaker designs) make a cymbal sound like uncorrelated noise.

It’s not only about triangles and cymbals however. These upper frequencies build the harmonic structure in other instruments, by (a) being low in distortion and (b) integrating well with the midrange. When you hear a gorgeous cello, it’s because of the upper frequencies being done right.

... Thom @ Galibier Design
Post removed 
Cymbal and vibraphone notes decays and "auras" are a revelatory and unforgiven fact about all the audio system and his mechanical,electrical and acoustical embeddings not only tweeters....

But NO natural instrumental timbre experience is possible with "tweeters" done wrong or not enough refined even on the other end with a well embedded and a well chosen audio system....

«Why do you perceive me so bad? It is your spectral envelope my dear»-Groucho Marx