Stereo Times list of the " 2020 MOST WANTED COMPONENTS"

Stereo Times (v2.stereotimes.com) has just posted its annual list of the MOST WANTED gear for 2020. I believe that you GON members would find it an interesting and informative read.
teajay
I found this list to be more useful than I thought it would be, given some of the comments. As someone recently shopping for a lot of gear, there were more than a few things there which would have been within reach and good to know about. I look at such lists with my own budget in mind -- which is framed roughly around a $15k system cost. (It keeps going up, but I’ve not shifted that much!)

So, looking at this list with an audiophile-but-not-extravagant mindset, a number of things would have turned my head, back when I was shopping. The Denafrips and Pagoda DAC’s for one. I don’t have a turntable, but someone on a modest budget who sees a phono stage at $349 would probably be glad to know about the Vincent. I’ve been reading about Aric a lot on these forums, and while this one is pricey, it’s not astronomical. I liked seeing the Coda on the list (so many people just go straight to Pass Labs, it sometimes seems) but wondered where the Belles was. The SPL was a real head-turner; very good looking and, again, not out of reach for anyone willing to spend $6k for preamp *and* amp. Speakers can be so extravagant and so many of the usual names dominate the reviews and forums. So, here, I was interested to see the potential value in speakers from Kings Audio, Spatial, and LSA. The Kirmuss speaker cable also seemed reasonable. My two cents as a relative newbie. FWIW.
The only thing I own on that list is the Origin Live Gravity One Record Weight. It is a very nicely constructed weight. Maybe its bias, but I do believe I’m hearing an improvement, who knows really lol. It’s only money and well, it looks nice. 😁
Puritan Audio's 156 and PSM1512 got top honors. I've never heard of that company before. With the likes of Shunyata and Audioquest, I wonder how the Puritan ranks. I've never seen the term power "purifier" before. The 1512 innards seems less mysterious that the other 2.
The only thing that piqued my interest (and didn't break the bank) were the Spatial Audio open baffle speakers.