Phono pre amp

I recently purchased a new TT a VPI Prime with a VDH DD2 special MC cartridge, I'm very happy. I still want to use my previous TT which was a Denon DP51F with a Ortofon MM2 Bronze cartridge. My VPI is plugged into the phono stage on my Yamaha AS2100. The question is, will I get more out of the VPI if I buy a (better) separate phono stage for the VPI and use the Yamaha phono stage for the Denon? If so, what phono pre amp would be good for the VPI?
chasda
There are are some great units that you can attach two turntables too.  Do you need silver or black?  There is an awesome unit that has been discontinued from Musical Fidelity that would do the job and be a little above your budget shipped but is only available in Silver as they are running down stock.  The M6 Vinyl.  There is a new unit that has taken its place.  

There are others but this would would be obscenely good for what you need as it supports different tables and is easily switchable on the front of the unit.  

Great phono stages below $1000 are easy to find.  Most support one table.  Not sure how may will support two.  If the MF interests you PM Me as I can get it quickly.  I am an MF dealer.  

At the more expensive end of the spectrum I love my Zesto Andros 1.2.  There are lots of reviews to find online.  It has separate MM and MC inputs so it could accommodate both tables.  Easy access to controls and loading on the back, no dip switches.  Lots of gain available.

I have a VPI Prime / JMW tone arm and a Soundsmith Sussorro MKII ES cartridge.  I'm very happy with the sound.  When I originally got the Zesto I was using an Ortofon Quintet black, which I think is closer to what you have in price point.  That cart was also a great match with the Zesto.  If your looking for a destination phono stage that sounds great with a wide variety of cartridge price points and is very flexible and full featured I suggest it wholeheartedly.
@verdantaudioI I do need to stay with black, as all of my gear including the TT is black. Thanks for the info, I will look into some of these suggestions.
Ok, this is your cartridge, this is a very nice phono stage you can use not only with your VdH cartridge, but for two MC/MM at the same time. Loading and gain is adjustable!