Interesting development

I tend to follow the sales of various LP’s on Ebay. Recently, i have noticed that the price of many of them seems to have skyrocketed! For example, many of the Mobile Fidelity albums have sold for prices that are two-four times more than what they were when new! This is a new development, as only recently, say in the last six months, the same LP’s were selling at or below their original retail price, no more! The recent MFSL reissues of the  Miles Davis LP’s are a good example...some of them sat on the various sites that sold them new for years at the same price, or even slightly below...now we see these very same albums going for up to four times what they originally sold for..
Same goes for several of the Analogue Productions reissues..what’s up??

128x128daveyf
daveyf

supply and demand. i still enjoy buying the physical product (CD and SACD).

Happy Listening!
@jafant   Maybe. Although does that explain the significant increase in value of the MFSL Milestones LP that I exampled above? Plenty of supply for years...and little demand. Now that it is 'supposedly' out of stock ( and for how long?) the demand sky rockets? Where were all these folks when it was easily and readily available? 
 @asvjerry  Not relevant to used, or resale, LP's, which is what we are talking about here.
@daveyf ....true....but there's going to be a 'tipping point', where used CD's will outnumber used LP's.
And, unfortunately, an LP is subject to wear, even with the finest of cart and arm....🤷‍♂️
I suspect that the next probe that leaves our solar system will include a variant of a CD with a player.  Even a gold record might not withstand the millennia, if encountered at all....and one Voyager is heading 'up' and out of the galaxy's plane....
*L* I know, off topic....I like the LP's I do have, but know that eventually they'll end up in a bin in a store for someone to go...

"Joe's Garage"? *wtf*....'a Stratocaster with a Whammy Bar?!" *L*