Class D

Been thinking of trying a D amp to reduce clutter. Most that I see are not rated at 2 ohms.  My PSB Stratus gold's will drop to 3 ohms or lower at some frequencies. So my question is will these types of amps handle this impedance ?
Thanks in advance. Chris
128x128zappas
Post removed 
zappas
Most that I see are not rated at 2 ohms.
Because there’s a reason for that they don’t fair well or shut down. Be careful with your choice

Look for independent bench tests, like this Stereophile one.

Your PSB Stratus gold need an amp that breeze through very low "EPDR" (combined impedance/-phase angle) in the bass 50hz-100hz, also low impedance in the mid bass. 
https://www.stereophile.com/images/archivesart/PSB97FIG1.jpg

Look for amps that can come "close" to doubling their 4ohm wattage into 2ohms (eg: 4ohm-200w/2ohm-400w) this means they have no problems with current into 2ohms.
Stereophile: Its impedance curve (fig.1) also suggested that it needs to be partnered by an amplifier capable of a healthy current delivery. Not only does the impedance drop to a low 2.72 ohms at 97Hz, but the -phase angle is quite severe through the midbass region.
Cheers George
Nah the kids around here use, UMs. They literally roll them out of the Garages over to my shop for a block party every now and then.. I just provide the cheap amps, they have TRIED to BLOW UP... Haven’t. Yet.. LOL. Use to use 4 Adcom 565s mono blocks..

I have a pair of 15", and 4 12".. Not an audiophile speaker.. UMs.. my opinion.

New Years and Halloween, LOOK OUT. The power meter is spinning.:-) 3 seperate circuits...

The Behringer 12K are 500.00 EACH brand new... Excellent bass amps when used with a 300.00 2496 active... Better than any plate amp out there...3400 watts at 4 ohms.. full blown DSP...onboard PEQ, delay, 6-48db slope, threshold limiting. FUN and ear plugs come to mind, Mine NEVER came out...New years...

Regards
A NC1200 is RATED 1200 W @2 ohms.
You looking for stereo, dual mono or monoblocks?