A deeper more holographic soundstage.

I was wondering by what means you have created a deeper soundstage. I am satisfied with the width but I really feel it is a bit 2 dimensional. It doesn't go back far enough. I like more layers of sound that reach towards you from the blackness.
As I've already spent quite a bit on my system I am unable to buy much more expensive components.
Did you upgrade one component that made the difference? Placement of speakers? New footers or tweaks such as Stillpoints?
Two subs instead of one(I have one)? Different placement of subs? I am working with a very tight space so it is difficult to move things without them being in the center of the room.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
roxy1927
I always enjoy it when I'm listening to a symphony, and most of the orchestra appears to be sitting beyond the outside wall of the room.
Any relatively good audio system will do....

Then dont spend money....

Second: All my gear is between my speakers which is bad and my speakers are not even ideally located, because one of my speakers is in a corner at few inches of the wall....

And guess what, my imaging is 3-D and the soundstage fill the room and the sound dont comes from my speakers in regular listening position or in nearfield and the timbre perception is right and natural......

Why?

In audio, good design electronics exist already for the last 60 years at least...

Then the electronic design of most relatively good audio system is probably not the culprit for your problem , because probably your electronic component are already good...And variance in quality of design count for sure, but the most important factors are 3 in numbers:

A-How much noise pollute the electrical grid of the audio room coming from the house grid...high noise floor destruct the timbre and imaging...

B-How much vibrations and also resonance affect my speakers, and even the rest of the gear? Same negative effect, these uncontrolled vibrations and untamed resonance will decrease S.Q.

C-And the very fundamental fact to add to these very 2 important one: is my room acoustic good? This factor, so much important were the others, this one is crux of the matter...

Almost no small room sound good without material passive acoustical treatment, ( you must look for a balance between absorbent surface, reflective surfaces and diffusor volumes) and no small room sound good  without passive acoustical controls : Helmhotz resonators, and varied resonators in size from the 3 cm copper bell to a 5 inches copper bowl for example....

It can takes also what i called a Shumann generators grid...It is one of my active acoustical control with my last discovery, a kind of ionizer for the air...

I use other devices also, some other acoustical controls but i cannot all explain here...Go to my thread...

This is why i had depth, imaging, soundstage in almost all my many thousand recordings with some variation relative to the quality of the recording process...Contrary to the saying of some the illusion of depth is a damn real thing, like the illusion of a rainbow....But there is no pot of gold at the end of a rainbow and no real violin in my room but by god! it look like there is one....
This "illusion" contrary to the saying of some is not ONLY in the recording but MAINLY come from the acoustical setting of your room, because it is the room that make your speakers able to speak clearly or not... Not only the microphone location in the recording studio....

Sum total of all my embeddings: around 100 peanuts butter jar in Us dollars...All is cheap available material, homemade if not very low cost... I dont buy costly products...It is NOT necessary at all...This is the result of my 2 years listenings experiments...

Dont upgrade anything, think and embed everything rightly...Thinking is more fun than buying....

Happy new year...

note:
2 years ago with the same gear i own now i had the same problem perhaps worse because of the bad location of my speakers and bad location of my gear...But it was impossible for me to change that...
I worked in the 3 dimensions i speak about and 2 years after my 500 hundred dollars audio system can give lesson to much more costly one....Then have faith in your working ears and think....

+1 for all twoleftears comments

While I appreciate having nothing between the speakers, placing one kit along a side wall means a lot more money needs to be spent on cables, be they speaker or interconnects.

My rack is vertical, but plan to go low horizontal soon

hth
placing one kit along a side wall means a lot more money needs to be spent on cables, be they speaker or interconnects.
If you listen to a system that you don’t care about getting the best out of it, then that makes sense.

My rack is vertical, but plan to go low horizontal soon
Then you’ll loose even more Imaging and Depth perspective, why not throw a TV into the mix also, then you can really listen/see midfi

Most here spend a small fortune on their systems, it’s false economy not to try to get two of the very most important aspects, Imaging and Depth perspective out of it, in all their glory.

And if that takes a few more bucks for longer interconnects or speaker wires, it's a BS excuse to use it why it's not done, it’s far better for your listening pleasure, probably cost as much as a couple of boutique snake oil fuses, or BS thingamajigs.
Interconnect and cables CANNOT make a big difference only a small one...

You cannot compare one second the combine audible effects of the decrease of the noise floor of the house and the controls of vibrations, and all the acoustical tratment and controls with the purchase of few cables, so good they could be....

It is not necessary most of the times to invest money....Just think, listen and experiment with cheap materials and very low cost electronic device... ( my schuman generators for example cost 10 bucks my grid of 12 cost a little more than peanuts then)...

I use aluminum paper with many other cheap materials for my room....
Cost 3 peanuts?
I created a polygonal shape (rectangle+triangle) with rigid and dense cardboard +aluminium paper covering it, to transform the void corners of the ceiling in polyedral convex flowing shape... The waves love that says my ears to my brain... This is only an example of how we can make the room an able tool ...

Audio forums are all about buying and buying.... I am more about listening/ thinking and listening....😊