A deeper more holographic soundstage.

I was wondering by what means you have created a deeper soundstage. I am satisfied with the width but I really feel it is a bit 2 dimensional. It doesn't go back far enough. I like more layers of sound that reach towards you from the blackness.
As I've already spent quite a bit on my system I am unable to buy much more expensive components.
Did you upgrade one component that made the difference? Placement of speakers? New footers or tweaks such as Stillpoints?
Two subs instead of one(I have one)? Different placement of subs? I am working with a very tight space so it is difficult to move things without them being in the center of the room.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
roxy1927
roxy, you really need to give more info on your room and speaker placement.  While, yes, the recording has much to do with how much depth can be reproduced, speaker placement is the single biggest thing that will re-create what is on the recording.  You do not need expensive gear to do this.  In a prior small audio room I had, the speakers were nearly half way out into the room with the seat near the rear wall.  Depth was very very impressive.  A trumpet recorded at a distance would extend way beyond the front wall--at least that was the illusion that was created.  Any other things you do will be very minor in comparison.
I have found that imaging is affected by room acoustics in the same dimension.  That is, to make a sound stage deeper, worry about what is in front and behind the speakers, including behind the listening area. My go to brands are :

ATS Acoustics
GIK Acoustics

Besides positioning you speakres correctly is one thing but If you did nothing regarding your room acoustics you can try Mathaudio Room EQ ( mathaudio.com ) in combination with Foobar2000 completely for free. But first invest in a decent measuring mic like an UMIK-1. Did spend quite some money on audio gear in the past where you can buy a nice car for. The lousy 90,- euro’s for a measuring mic was the best audio investment i ever did (i’m 61 now). It leveled out my frequency response
drastically whit an outstanding result for instance in imaging.

Here under my frequency respons graph. You can see at some point there is a almost 15 db gap this is killing my lows. mathaudio corrected this flat (my target curve that i can draw my self in mathaudio room eq an i prefer). Measuring is KNOWING let your ears do the rest.

https://imgur.com/sKGLRHp

Roxy

Some details of your room size and a picture of your speaker set up would be helpful. Small changes to the speaker position such as toe in might even help. 
Post removed