Mistakes I’ve made

Lending out audio gear!

Loaned a turntable to a relative- he tossed it in the trash when he was done with it and switched to cd

Loaned a turntable to a friend- he has no idea what happened to it 

Loaned a receiver and cassette deck to a relative- he bought a mini system and threw out my gear 

Loaned another receiver to a friend- got smashed 

what “why did I do that” moments have you had? 
128x128zavato
Mijostyn 

I’m just more foolish. I’ve also loaned out photo equipment with similar effect. 
I have some gear that would be worthy of pro use. I loaned pro flash gear to a person who was trying to break into the wedding photography business.  Person had that piece for a long time- probably a few years and it saw heavy use. After a while it started not working quite right. How did I find out? “Hey- yeah, well the piece you loaned me started acting up- I hope you don’t mind but since it wasn’t working right anymore I threw it out”

the only time I ever borrowed a camera- it was from a relative- it did break while I had it. I had it repaired, returned the camera, and never mentioned to my relative that it broke. 
@zavato , I could always tell by the way you carried yourself on the forums that you sir are one of the good ones, have a beautiful new year, and quit lending your gear. Enjoy the music
tooblue 

thank you for the kind words- it means a great deal to me- 

my 2021 resolution list- 

1) stop lending photo gear (and I still am missing one lens- guy moved very far  away)

2) stop lending music (never comes back)

3) stop lending gear (see original post)

4) when a person tells you they are crazy, believe them 

5) live, laugh, love, listen to music

Have a happy new year tooblue 

Wow, still scratchin’ my head...

Sounds like easy come easy go... How’s that OP...

Over and over... Must have come easy... That's a statement, not a question..

Regards
I've never loaned audio equipment to friends but I've loaned CDs and records that were never returned. I wish I had half of the amount of money I've loaned to people who never paid me back---I'd be pretty rich. My parents always told me never to loan people things unless you never want to see it again---they were right.