Speaker upgrade for classical music

Hi, I need recommendations for a speaker upgrade. I’m a classical violinist and listen almost exclusively to classical, opera and jazz. No movies, Atmos, etc.  I have a 17x14 listening room (doubles as practice room) with acoustical treatments (phase coherent diffusers at main reflection points and regular ones elsewhere).
Half my listening is in stereo and half in multi-channel (4.0 and 5.1).   All my recordings are either CDs or high-res—DSD and FLAC—audio files. I don’t have a turntable. 

My current system: Marantz SR 8012 amp, Yamaha S1000 CD transport, Exasound e38 DAC and Sigma streamer (connected to the Marantz with analog 5.0 inputs). Speakers: Polk Rti A7 stereo, CSi A6 center, Rti A3 surround, and dual REL T/7i subs. 
What I want: speakers with improved musical detail and clarity that really reproduces the expansiveness of the symphony hall or church. I like a warmer sound than a drier one.  What’s most important to me is to hear what the recording engineer heard. Budget: say 8k or less.

Recommendations?  One other thing: Can I try them out?  And how?  I’m in Santa Fe, not a huge metropolis with lots of audiophile shops. 
Thanks very much. 
ssmaudio
I’m not sure I can hear the difference between digital and vinyl.
Analog folks would chuckle. LOL
To feel the depth and width of orchestral music and to get accurate timbres of all orchestral instruments with digital media, you would need to spend well over $10K for speaker, amp, and CD/SACD player.
However, $10K vinyl system would easily prove you that vinyls sound better than CDs. Jungson int amp ($1200) + Speaker (Harbeth C7 ES3, $4000) + Turntable ($2000, cartridge included) + phono preamp ($1000) + cable ($500) + cleaning system ($300)  + SACD player ($1000)  would be a nice setup for classical and jazz music. If you need more bass, you can add a $1000 subwoofer later.
Why not start with digital and then determine if you really want to go the analog route.  You will always be in the hunt for good vinyl.  if you can tolerate the pops, clicks, hiss and warped records then that's fine.  You might as well forget new releases since they will be digitally recorded for an analog record.  This limits you to old releases or new ones made from the master tapes.  Others may disagree but I have found that you may need to spend a lot more on an analog setup to get "better" sound than digital.  
To all of you who recommended Harbeth and Tannoy. So I went on a road trip to Taos and checked them out at Sound Science. It was a Harbeth P3ESR and a Tannoy 6f with a Lyngdorf amp. I did like the Tannoy sound better. Don’t get me wrong, the H was magnificent, but it seemed to me that it was trying to make the sound warmer than it needs to be. The Tannoy was a bit harsher, but it reproduces the original with greater fidelity. Anyway, that was my impression.

I listened to my favorite recording of Bach’s solo violin pieces (esp the mighty Ciaconne) and the Tannoy definitely was the better for my ear. The Harbeth rounded the sound too much—I couldn’t hear the attacks of the chords or double stops that I expect.

I think this may be the difference that my ear hears because I know how it’s supposed to sound having played a lot of these pieces myself and having heard all those pieces many times live and in recordings.

The search continues for the speakers. 
Regarding the amp. Anyone have any comments on the Lingdorf SDA 2400?  
Sorry I missed your budget initially as I am functionally blind. You have a lot of very nice suggestions but I agree that you need to upgrade your amp and speakers.
Right in your own town of Santa Fe is a speaker maker named Viking Acoustic.  David Counsell, is the speaker builder and you should give him a call. He just delivered a pair of speakers to me and I couldn't be happier.

He also builds and sells integrated amplifiers that would go extremely well with the Viking speakers.  You can go to his studio and listen to what he has.  A super nice guy and incredible craftsmen.  

For the money, you can't beat the Raven Blackhawk integrated amp.  You should also look at the Raven line of speakers.  They were designed by a classical musician.  I have owned the Raven amplifiers so I can speake honestly about them.  Same with Viking Acoustics.  
op

glad you got out heard the speakers demo-ed... not easy in this time we are in

curious why you only heard the little harbeths vs tannoys... did the dealer not have the larger harbeths?

anyhow, i agree that harbeths have a warmer presentation... system and equipment matching can help to highlight the treble more if the user desires...

to me the harbeth sound is more mid hall in an symphony hall, whereas more forward (and equally excellent) speakers like proacs or spatials give you more of a 'row 10' presentation

all a matter of taste, which is why so many different successful speaker brands exist

good luck!