What Audio Religion have you converted others to successfully?

We all have certain audio proclivities, some we expose to the world, some we hide even from our priests and psychotherapists.  We believe, strongly, there's a certain way to achieve magic.  A state of enlightenment which raises our awareness almost instantly to resonate with the sacred muses, and may actually transcend music and audio to reach the divine (as opposed to Divine).

In most cases, we share something with a loved one and they're like "um, ok, are still on for fishing this weekend?" but rarely, ever so rarely, the go home, they don't talk to their spouses, their children think there is something wrong, and they call you late at night. "You know that thing you did, with the cables and the vinyl and stuff?  How can I do that too?  Does my spouse need to know? Can I keep things at your place?"

So, my fellow audiophiles, what proclivities do you find yourself championing, and what do you think is an easy vs. a hard sell? Vinyl?  Room acoustics?  Rubbing Portuguese safflower oil on your cables before listening?

erik_squires
I’m pretty much in the agnostic camp too. I used to want guests to hear the main system, but now, unless it’s a listening session that’s planned in advance with someone who has expressed an interest, I don’t bother. I used to let the music and system speak for itself. I’ve certainly had comments from visitors who are a little awestruck by the horns or the turntable, or the fact that there are vacuum tubes in all the gear plainly visible.
I’m also hard pressed when someone asks for advice at this point, whether they are on a tight budget or have a lot of money to spend,
I usually encourage them to get out there and listen to as many different systems as possible and keep their credit cards and checkbook at home.
I stay in touch with friends I’ve made over the years- all of us have very different systems for the most part, and I enjoy talking to each of them for different kinds of insights. But, bringing them religion? Hardly. I’ve been steadfast in this hobby or whatever you want to call it for a long, long time and honestly, it’s not as easy as it once was. I still collect records and when I get a chance, I clean and listen to them. Maybe I’m going through one of those periods I have every so often when I don’t exactly lose interest, but just don’t have the time or energy to devote to listening. Which is quite sad, since I’m now retired, and should have more time than I do. I’ve been insanely busy this past Fall, even with all the Covid-related constraints. Used to be when I’d get in a mood, I’d take a sports car out, point it in some direction and go, sometimes for days or weeks. Moral to the story: abundance does not make the heart grow fonder. Enjoy what you have.
I have to say, that my intentions on this thread were, as usual, purely for fun, enlightenment and connecting with other audiophiles.

I am a little surprised at how quickly and irrevocably this thread went sideways.

In keeping with the tenor of this thread; "Atheists" build inferior systems. That's not a harsh judgment, it's simply a statement of the reality. Do I wish to spend a great deal of time here explaining that comment? No. 

I have endeavored to teach others the foibles of audiophilia, and superior methods to establish and improve systems. I believe there are a few who have benefitted.  :)