Experiences Selling Stuff On Audiogon?

I know Ebay is terrible, but how has your experience selling gear on Audiogon been? I have some stuff that's too high-end for the market I live in, and so I gotta cast the net wider. Not looking forward to the potential hassle.

tejas88
Let me understand this, at AG they charge again and again for a relist?

It cost less (like ZERO) to leave it, than remove it, and they charge for a relist? True middle man America speaking...LOUD...

Listing a house, I’m gonna repay a person working their butt off, to move my house. BUT DIDN’T.

Here it takes, more work to remove the add and NO ONE is trying to sell it for you. BUT you have an option to "CHAT". That is one expensive option. I’ll talk to myself...Selling YOUR information too boot... and handing out cookies, with a glitch, OH YEA I pay attention....

That was an easy decision for me then.. WOW I didn’t realise, the greedy practice.. NOW a lot of the policies make a LOT more sense to me...

I have only bought here, same with everyone I know. We are all getting ready for some serious, equipment moving. All of us except, our kids, are retiring (some of those too).

P.T. Barnum said it best...None of us go to the circus...All of us were skilled labor, might have worked for them though...

Agon read my post... Think about what I said.... I’m being very honest here... I pay to post., I'm a member.

Pay to not sell? MERCY... Got some big uns' YUP

Regards
as hilde says, audiogon and us audiomart (if you are in the usa) are the 2 go-to sites

audio circle is a third but much narrower viewer/buyer base

if you go to any of these it is important to establish a good track record... means alot people are cautious dealing with someone with a poor or no positive feedback -- so many dishonest people and time wasters out there
Years ago, back in the late '90's & 2000's, I did a ton of buying & selling on audiogon. That's when it seemed waaaay easier to buy & sell used gear, & just keep changing your system w/o losing too much in $ terms.

I've done a lot of buying & selling on ebay also. I think buying is better than selling there for expensive audio gear. My current 2 mint condition Bryston amps I bought on ebay, at fair or even great prices. Also my Nord Electro 3 keyboard. And I just bought a used Pioneer DV-45A DVD/SACD player on feebay for $75 w/free shipping that I just unpacked & seems in mint condition.

The last expensive audio component that I "sold" on feebay was a Cary pre-amp for $1800. Almost immediately the buyer started driving me nuts with email after email insisting that it was going to be destroyed in shipping, even tho it had the best packing I've ever seen. Finally we agreed to cancel the sale. I put it on AA (for free) & after a few months sold it (semi) locally
for $1500 CASH, in person, not paypal. I live about an hour from Boston, so I have access to that market.

Oh, yeah, & a few years ago I sold a mint pair of B&W N805 speakers that I listed on CL in about a day it seems like. I didn't have the boxes so didn't want to ship. The buyer was a Nut & 2 hours late, then wanted to "audition" them for an hour or 2 but he finally coughed up the $1500 in, again, CASH. 
@oldhvymec
" Agon read my post... Think about what I said.... I’m being very honest here... I pay to post., I'm a member. "
You pay to post?

Audiogon member since 2003. As I’ve gone into the rabbit hole of this hobby, I have made tons of purchases over the years here, and on other sites. Only in the last 5 years have I had any problems.

These items, all rated as 8 or 9, arrived in the following condition: an amplifier with a loudly buzzing power supply, a power conditioner with a circuit breaker that kept tripping, a disc player with a failing laser mechanism, and a tonearm with integrated wire that has a poorly soldered cartridge clip. Was it bad luck for me, or poor vetting of the seller? All sellers had 100% positive feedback with no negatives.

I said I was done buying used, but I saw the tonearm at a great price and I couldn’t resist. Now it’s my problem to deal with. With the other items I was able to get them fixed at a minimal cost to me, but I might not be so lucky with with the tonearm. Although the problem seems simple, the manufacturer said the repair is going to be costly.

Moral of the story, I’m not buying used gear anymore unless I can get a warranty or insurance (Square Trade saved me from an expensive repair on one of the items). I’ve been burned too many times in the last 5 years.